Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be honest mate, apart from his goal what did he do today that was stand out?

See how he does against teams that will be more compact. I guarantee Sweden won't afford him the space to operate that Germany did. Not sure about Korea.

As I've said a couple of times, I haven't got a downer on the lad. He scored the goal that beat the world champions and I actually punched the air when it went in. I'm just not getting all the hype on his performance today.

Check out some of his goals for PSV.

Thats what he does against a packed defence :)

No, it wouldn't.

The deal for Fred has been tied up in principle since April, at least.

City were interested in January. They decided to prioritise Jorginho.

We literally need to sell because we have 39 players in the squad.

Literally no one is arguing we dont have/need to sell players mate - we need a cull of a good 12-15 players imo.

However regardless of who is going out the owner should have given the green light to Marcel for 'x' amount to spend from the moment he was through the door to get the side strong enough to actually do something than stumble into the top 10 this season.

The complete lack of action or even interest from a club with a competent DOF (along with the comments of Mosh isnt bankrolling us this summer and the kids will get a chance this season) are all pointing towards a situation we saw all too often under Kenwright and indeed the first summer under Mosh before Stones was sold - we are waiting for confirmation of 'x' amount coming in from sales before we commit to any signings which simply isnt good enough.

We backed that donkey Walsh and Koeman to the hilt and now we've finally got our main manager and DOF targets in we now decide to arse about? Not good enough after last season in my book.

Joshua Kimmich is a top player...one of the best right backs around...its harsh to base an opinion of a winger on his tracking back against a superb right back.
Perhaps. I'm just playing devils advocate really. I've heard that switching off/tracking back thing played that many times regarding our own youngsters, but it's different when it's somebody else's player. Especially one that's now apparently out of our reach because he scored a goal in the world cup finals.

Lozano left / Lookman central / Walcott right

If those 3 were behind Hernandez today it could have been 5 or 6.

Spot on.

Weird he was taken off when Layun was having (his usual) game of no end product.

Zat mate, our manager has already said we are playing 4-3-3, so we wont be playing 3 behind the Striker, Lookman cant play centrally, hes a wingforward.

Perhaps. I'm just playing devils advocate really. I've heard that switching off/tracking back thing played that many times regarding our own youngsters, but it's different when it's somebody else's player. Especially one that's now apparently out of our reach because he scored a goal in the world cup finals.

Richarlison seemed to play a similar role under Silva as Lozano did here.

Zat, Lozano wasn’t gonna join a mid table English team a week ahead of the biggest platform in world sport.

Antonio Valencia went to Wigan after being the standout u21 in a world cup.

Zat mate, our manager has already said we are playing 4-3-3, so we wont be playing 3 behind the Striker, Lookman cant play centrally, hes a wingforward.

Lookman has played there for both England u21 and Leipzig

It looks his best position to me.

Fair enough on the 433 ..personally think that could mean:

DM (Gana) + CM (Sigurdsson) + AM (Lookman)
LW (Lozano) CF (Tosun) RW (Walcott)

Linked with that Lozano for a few weeks.

Our DoF has got a good history with him.

Seemingly available at a reasonable price.

Has a good game in World Cup against champions.

It can only mean one thing.

DD51762A-A240-4A8E-A5A7-D5DA44E86359.webp

Just on the echo reports above,

Nikola Milenkovic played brilliantly today and seemed to nullify every attack he faced.

Seemed very good for Fiorentina also at Centre back.

Tbh not really focused on him bar todays games but he looks a very good player...if only he was left sided.

Also Sheff Weds...perhaps @Eggs might know...we were also linked with another of their young lads last week

How has Lookman’s career been equally as impressive as Lozano’s so far?

Lozano: Signed by PSV and at 22 tore up the league. Also looks very dangerous in a rapid Mexican attack (whose other wide players arent great)

Lookman: Signed as a teen by a top 7 premier league side. Won the junior world cup for England...was exceptional on loan in Germany and has shown tremendous promise in games in the prem.

One is 20...the other is 22.

From todays game alone, id say;

Clinical
Tricky and skillful
Amazing first touch
Willing and eager to press and track back

Would be the positives...defensively hes no lennon lol but players can be trained positioning etc...not coached so much on natural ability.

I want us to sign Lozano Zat. I'm a fan and think he'd be a great buy and would fit into Marco's system. I'm just not getting the hype based on today's performance.

Replied to you above mate...217am here and on the phone!

Lozano: Signed by PSV and at 22 tore up the league. Also looks very dangerous in a rapid Mexican attack (whose other wide players arent great)

Lookman: Signed as a teen by a top 7 premier league side. Won the junior world cup for England...was exceptional on loan in Germany and has shown tremendous promise in games in the prem.

One is 20...the other is 22.

From todays game alone, id say;

Clinical
Tricky and skillful
Amazing first touch
Willing and eager to press and track back

Would be the positives...defensively hes no lennon lol but players can be trained positioning etc...not coached so much on natural ability.

Replied to you above mate...217am here and on the phone!

Lookman has played 11 games on loan in Germany and scored 5 goals.
15 games for Everton, 1 goal.
Number of games for england’s Youth teams, not many goals.
Yes he won a cup at youth international level.

Lozano has 28 international caps and 7 goals. He was mexico’s top scorer in qualifying.
He got 17 league goals last season in a side that won the league. Admittedly the Dutch league isn’t all that strong but you’re happy to say how good Dolberg is from the same league.

I’m a fan of Lookman but don’t tell me I’m wrong when I say that Lozano has had a better career (TO DATE). I get that Lookman is younger and has tons of promise but so far he hasn’t achieved much aside from a good loan period of 11 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back