Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiola sent a lot of the youngsters signed up to him to wolves.
Hence why they are smashing it.

There looking at offering neves a new deal as his current one has a 40m release clause.

I don’t blame them he is incredible, i heard a different agent name though not Raiola something Mendes, may be Christiano Ronaldo’s agent?

Wolves are going to be a force next season and its come from strong signings such as the amazing Rueben Neves and now Rui Patricio...
I am not aware of the full details but i heard something like the new owners have a relationship with a big time agent who is directing his players to the club

Does anybody know the full situation and whether this is similar to the relationship between Brands and Raiola? Raiola coincidently being Lozano’s agent

Jorge Mendes is pretty much running everything for Wolves in regards to transfers.

He's the Portuguese super agent. Equivalent of Raiola but not as much of a tosser.

He’s scouting that mannequin as a replacement for Sneiderlin.

I believe he thinks it is Morgan. Probably the "meeting" they had . "The meeting went well , he stood silently and listened to everything I had to say, when asked do you want to leave? He said nothing which I took as a yes"

We're not going to buy de ligt, the top teams like City and spurs can spank that money on a defender like spurs did with sanchez because they had alderweireld and vertonghan there already to rely on whilst they could bed the youngster in slowly.

We don't have that luxury, we'd need him to start straight away at 18 for paying that fee, which unless he's Messi or Ronaldo levels at that age, shouldn't be the case.

Messi and Ronaldo used to be centre backs?

Wolves**

I think we would get loftus-cheek to be fair.... De-ligt probably not.

There's some bargains to be had on the back of the world cup anyway. I thought that Bronn looked good for Tunisia last night - strong and aggressive. May not be technically as good as we need - but if he can break up the play it gives the technically gifted players a chance to play with more freedom.
Best stick to watching ROI then mate. When do they play their first match?
Fred if that’s the best you can come up then I’m afraid sarcasm is not for you.
Accept it or not England were poor last night
Kane excepted , finishing was poor and creativity was sorely lacking.

If Raiola managed to deliver us Lozano and De Ligt then my whole opinion of him would instantly change.

This is actually the policy I’d like to see us go for. Top young talent. Yes they’d cost a lot but there’s only one way transfer fees are going at the moment. Get them on 5-6 year deals. 2-3 of these a season and look at it as a longer term plan.

Yeah am trying to work it out, from what I can gather they have signed him on a free - but surely this could change depending the outcome of the court case? they are either not bothered and happy to pay the fee if it comes to that, or are confident that they have legally cancelled their contracts.

Interesting few weeks ahead for the sporting lads who bailed.

Potentially for us considering links to Carvalho and Martins.
There is no way FIFA , the Portuguese FA or Sporting will allow those players to walk away on a free citing just cause or a non safe working environment
Employment lawyers would be all over every players contract worldwide.
Player has public row with manager ( which he instigated)
Manager drops player
Player claims bullying and cites just cause and walks away.
It’ll never be allowed happen
Agreed fees or a FIFA decided fee is the most likely outcome.
If the Sporting President is as much of a headcase as is claimed he could drag this through the court for years and the players could end doing a Barkley for 2 or 3 seasons.

There is no way FIFA , the Portuguese FA or Sporting will allow those players to walk away on a free citing just cause or a non safe working environment
Manager drops player
If the Sporting President is as much of a headcase as is claimed he could drag this through the court for years and the players could end doing a Barkley for 2 or 3 seasons.

I completely agree. If this happens they will set a precedence for all other players to exploit. Wolves appear to have jumped the gun, no doubt because of their ties to Mednez who is clearly confident his client has terminated his contract. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and what happens with this other players.

I completely agree. If this happens they will set a precedence for all other players to exploit. Wolves appear to have jumped the gun, no doubt because of their ties to Mednez who is clearly confident his client has terminated his contract. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out and what happens with this other players.
it will literally get to the point, where a player can say a fan / fans were chanting at them during the game and they now feel unsafe to go on the pitch and will look to terminate their contract

Manager drops player

But surely there is a threshold that would allow for the negating of a contract under certain circumstances? Managers / chairman cannot be allowed to get away with subjecting their players to physical violence in response to a perceived under performance from their players.

And in this case, the President did send a mob of hooligans to assault their playing staff as a punishment for under-performing. For me, that's a valid reason for cancelling your contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back