Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many do you think we will get Zat?

Do you honestly see those 3 here?

I mean they are doable, im not saying they are out of reach as such, I just think they will probably have better options.

Well i was thinking...

If you were willing to lose a tenner, then get some of those euromillions lottery tickets..

Then potentially we can have all 3.

Id be impressed with any of them tbh...even so if brands goes and gets others lesser known and younger then we can develop the next types of this ilk.

Why do we have to sell anyone? Thought we had a super duper manager now who can get a tune out of any player.

Seriously though loan to buy will be our best bet shifting players. 1 or 2 year loans with option to buy for book value may be our only way out of this mess.
This way we don't make a loss on the books and we recoup some wages.

I would expect Silva to be able to get something from the vast majority of our players and certainly more than theyve shown last season.
Klaassen, Keane, Schneiderlen, Mirallas, Sandro, Fumes-Mori for example have all been written off but they’ve shown previously that they have ability.
Bolasie im not sure about at all because it’s unclear how much his injury has taken out of him and Williams I think is finished, but if Silva wanted to keep any/all of the others then I’d still expect him to get us 7th whilst playing decent football.

It’s only because I want better than that that I want players moved on and new ones brought in.

Well i was thinking...

If you were willing to lose a tenner, then get some of those euromillions lottery tickets..

Id be impressed with any of them tbh...even so if brands goes and gets others lesser known and younger then we can develop the next types of this ilk.

Thats just it, these players dont fit the way Brands normally operates or the way we are likely to operate going forward.

Thats just it, these players dont fit the way Brands normally operates or the way we are likely to operate going forward.

Brands has never had access to the sort of funds he has now though.

I also imagine he spent fairly heavily compared to 90% of the other teams in the Dutch league.

Well i was thinking...

No one is lesser known these days in football.

Why do we have to sell anyone? Thought we had a super duper manager now who can get a tune out of any player.

Seriously though loan to buy will be our best bet shifting players. 1 or 2 year loans with option to buy for book value may be our only way out of this mess.
This way we don't make a loss on the books and we recoup some wages.

Because we have a team of possession based footballers bought by a manager who wanted to play that way, but have employed a manager who wants to play a high energy, paced, pressing game.

Brands has never had access to the sort of funds he has now though.

I also imagine he spent fairly heavily compared to 90% of the other teams in the Dutch league.

Hmmm, well from memory he had spent around 100m over the last 10 years, give or take, so yes,I doubt many Dutch clubs have spent that much and of course he has a different budget now.

Because we have a team of possession based footballers bought by a manager who wanted to play that way, but have employed a manager who wants to play a high energy, paced, pressing game.

Didn’t Koeman want to introduce a high paced pressing game?
I recall him saying that Bolasie was the only one capable.

Well De Ligt is going to cost upwards of 50m, I doubt we will spend that much on 1 player
RLC I suspect will be given a chance by their new manager
and Lozano has just told the whole world what hes all about and still has at least 2 more games in the shopwindow

So im fairly confident!

Doubt De Ligt would cost that much from Ajax, 30-35 IMHO. Sanchez was about that last summer. They also sold Suarez for about 20 millon and Erikson for 18 mill, that was a while ago though.

Just to rub it in we payed 25 for Klassen.

In an alternative universe where James McCarthy never picked up injuries, would he fit Silva’s style of play?
Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back