Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP only applies if you are in Europe but the PL has rules around how fast you can grow wages and gains/losses on player trading factor into that. Put simply we have to bring our wage bill down without incurring significant overall losses on player trading which may mean more loans and/or selling some home grown player with zero book value to better balance out the player trading. We cannot just keep growing the squad/wages without sanctions and we cannot get wages down by taking big overall losses on player trading. Brands has a tricky task and will probably need 3 or 4 windows to get us back into sensible shape with a squad of the right size, quality and cost. It is not a one summer task, especially not in a WC year with an earlier closure of the transfer window.

How much?

Well De Ligt is going to cost upwards of 50m, I doubt we will spend that much on 1 player
RLC I suspect will be given a chance by their new manager
and Lozano has just told the whole world what hes all about and still has at least 2 more games in the shopwindow

So im fairly confident!

Why do we have to sell anyone? Thought we had a super duper manager now who can get a tune out of any player.

Seriously though loan to buy will be our best bet shifting players. 1 or 2 year loans with option to buy for book value may be our only way out of this mess.
This way we don't make a loss on the books and we recoup some wages.

Well De Ligt is going to cost upwards of 50m, I doubt we will spend that much on 1 player
RLC I suspect will be given a chance by their new manager
and Lozano has just told the whole world what hes all about and still has at least 2 more games in the shopwindow

So im fairly confident!

I was asking how much you want to bet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back