Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have the basis of a decent team. Like you said, get another central midfielder to go with Gueye and Sig. Another winger/forward to go with Lookman, Walcott and Tosun and get them playing decent football and we’ll be so much better than we showed last season.

A left back who can provide what Coleman does on the opposite flank and another centre half and we’re moving forward.
We're not exactly asking for the world are we?. 4 players.

Exactly this will happen. We got ripped off buying most of the deadwood because clubs knew we had money to spend (we didn't exactly keep it quiet) and now we are going to get ripped off selling them as clubs know we are desperate to get rid of players to reduce squad size and a certain amount of sell to buy.
I would take whatever we get offered for any player Marco doesn't want e.g. £5M for Mori, we need to get moving on players coming in/out.
You do realise that selling players below book value affects our ability to buy under FFP rules

..compensated no doubt by a £3m signing fee and doubling of his wages. I imagine he’s quite happy with his decision.
Maybe this is true, I suspect it is but it is something I will never understand. At Leicester he could have renegotiated his contract, he could have easily got £70K a week and a £1m+ "loyalty bonus". That is a good distance short of the total package at Chelsea, I imagine, but is still £3.5m a year plus bonuses and he would have been playing week in week out and would have had a shot at going to the World Cup. As it stands he earns big money for watching football matches at Chelsea's football farm. If it was me, Id rather play (whilst earning a King's ransom rather than a Sultan's!) and take the lower but still insane compensation.

will we get rid of ten players, fringe mostly, but hopefully mirallas, Williams and snides

and sign 2 quality players.

Maybe this is true, I suspect it is but it is something I will never understand. At Leicester he could have renegotiated his contract, he could have easily got £70K a week and a £1m+ "loyalty bonus". That is a good distance short of the total package at Chelsea, I imagine, but is still £3.5m a year plus bonuses and he would have been playing week in week out and would have had a shot at going to the World Cup. As it stands he earns big money for watching football matches at Chelsea's football farm. If it was me, Id rather play (whilst earning a King's ransom rather than a Sultan's!) and take the lower but still insane compensation.

...it’s ego. All of these players believe they can play at the most high-profile clubs alongside the most high-profile players and for the most high-profile managers. He won a title at Leicester but he clearly thought Chelsea was too good an opportunity to turn down.

You do realise that selling players below book value affects our ability to buy under FFP rules
I dont know much about FFP but I thought it only comes in to play if you are in European competition ? Anyway we need to get rid of players asap, Moshi is an accountant surely he can find ways around this, City and PSG I think have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back