Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say our squad is the one most desperate of shaking up to get to where we aspire to be. Leicester and West Ham and Wolves have done good business already, yet we haven't even been able to get rid of a single player who is draining us of millions of pounds - and we've got about 15 of them to shift. People are forgetting that we only finished 5/6 points above Newcastle, Palace and Bournemouth. That's pathetic.
How do you know it`s good business, when a ball hasn`t even been kicked yet !!!!!!!!!!!

We did " good business " early on last season and we all started creaming our kecks, look how that worked out :hayee:

RLC looks a brilliant player but I doubt he’ll leave Chelsea permanently anytime soon.

If he does there’s no way they’ll let him go without a silly buy back clause.

Interesting we've hardly been linked to any strikers. Obviously it's limited numbers in this year, but feel this position shouldn't be overlooked.

Niasse and DCL is a big gamble unless:

a) cenk stays fit pretty much all season and is consistent and

b) Dcl develops his finishing enough to hit double figures. Which we'd all agree the jury is out on.

We’ve also got Walcott who can play there if needed. Plus if we get another winger/forward (I’m praying for Lozano) then there’s a decent attack in Tosun, Walcott, Lozano backed up by Niasse, DCL and Lookman.

We’ve also got Walcott who can play there if needed. Plus if we get another winger/forward (I’m praying for Lozano) then there’s a decent attack in Tosun, Walcott, Lozano backed up by Niasse, DCL and Lookman.
There has been a couple of tenuous links, then again, all links have been. I'd imagine we don't see it as a priority as others so we're more concerned with fixing the defence and midfield and if we have time we'll get another striker late on.

As he's "free" we should just be jumping at bas dost and taking a risk. Could pay off handsomely, just risk that we'll sell players eventually, at least that's one position we wouldn't have to worry about and will have saved a few Bob.

Maybe Silva wants to use walcott/Sandro there? Whether Sandro wants to play here is another thing.

I hadn't really counted Sandro as although I think silva would give him a chance, I reckon based on the limited info out there he doesn't fancy it. Not sure on bad dost. But I agree it's worth getting in another striker on loan/free if there's anything doing at the back end of the window.

Despite his age ( 30 ), I`m very surprised that no one has mentioned Mousa Dembele at Spurs.

Apparently he`s been told he can leave and according to the rags, is off to China.

There aren`t many better midfielders better in the Premier league and he pisses all over that cart horse Carvalho.
Find it hard to believe Spurs will let him go so soon. He's in his peak. They were a far better team last season when he played as are Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back