Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Villareal have parted with 20 mil to get Mori just after coming back from injury.

Still, whatever we got can go towards Gibson, throw in Besic part-exchange.

Watching Modric last night reminded me just how often Spurs have managed to get it right in recent years. Bale, Modric, Eriksen, Kane, Ali, Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Walker, Pochettino etc. They made some mistakes too, sure.

Maybe we should be trolling them and considering their targets - Rebic anyone ?

There's no way Villareal have parted with 20 mil to get Mori just after coming back from injury.

Watching Modric last night reminded me just how often Spurs have managed to get it right in recent years. Bale, Modric, Eriksen, Kane, Ali, Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Walker, Pochettino etc. They made some mistakes too, sure.

Gibson is just another Keane but with a more annoying accent

I was thinking this. The RS have a habit of doing it too. When we try it (Maddison for instance) the fans moan that he is not good enough, they buy him and he goes onto be boss. We have to take more educated gambles imo.

....when I was a kid Friday used to mean Crackerjack but for all you youngsters it means more transfer rumours. Here’s what this morning’s transfer gossip is saying about our team;

- TalkSport say Ramiro Funes-Mori has left Everton for an undisclosed fee to join LaLiga side Villarreal. The 27 year old Centre Back made 67 appearances for The Toffees.

- The Express report Everton and Liverpool interest in 22 year old Chelsea midfielder, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton with Bayer Leverkusen’s 24 year old Brazilian Left Back, Wendell, and Hull City winger, Jarrod Bowen.

- According to Spanish outlet, AS, Everton are interested in signing Girona Centre Back, Juanpe Ramirez. Spanish publication, Fichajes, claim the 27 year old has an £8.8m release clause in his contract.

- Turkish media outlet, Fotomac, suggest Everton are weighing up a move for Stoke midfielder, Badou Ndiaye. The Senegal international only joined Stoke in January from Galatasaray for £14m.

- Reports from Calciomercato in Italy say Everton and Spurs are battling for the signature of Barcelona midfielder, Rafinha. The Brazilian spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at Serie A giants, Inter Milan. Inter are understood to want the player on a low cost deal or another loan but this will not be the case.

- The Northern Echo report Everton could offer midfielder Mo Besic in any deal involving Middlesborough Centre Back, Ben Gibson.

Cheers mate, much appreciated as always!

Hope the loftus-cheek rumour is more than just paper talk, would be a great signing for us.

Too bad Roberto didnt teach them organization, setpieces or defence, which are all fairly important in football. Some would say more important than just rolling the ball back to your defenders at every turn.
Roberto doesn't do defence. We all know that. "rolling the ball backat every turn" was an attempt to shift the play and find space through an opponent....the fact that we had players who proved themselves unwilling or incapable of doing that in his last 18 months here misses the point.

We also played our best counter attacking football since the Kanchelskis era team under RM. No question about that whatsoever.

How exactly would spunking £25m on a yard dog 25 year old no mark who has only played 38 of his 263 senior games at the top level help us to emulate Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back