Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

All going to plan...apparently.
Predicting a grand total of about 6 outs and 2 ins.

That'd be an absolute scandal too seeing as we need at least twice that number booted out, and at least three times that number brought in.

Shambles this is. Struggling to offload. New manager been in the post weeks and no incomings.

Be lucky to get 8th this season unless they pull their fingers out.

8th, a cup win or good run anyway, good football and a massively reduced squad size would be acceptable for me next season.
It's a massive job to build a squad to challenge the top 4 that will take time

We will finish 7th or above, with loads of points before the next team.
7th is absolutely guaranteed.
However the major work will take a few windows due to the money sp**ked by Walsh.
We have sadly wasted 2 great opportunities ;
1) The Fraudo wasting what he inherited from Moyes, and
2) The funds available to Walsh / Koeman under Moshiri.

To be fair BFS was supported over the winter and did well with his 2 buys.

There are too many panicking , we only need 4 or so signings , with a couple of previously denied opportunities for the younger squad players.
Most of the best players are at the World Cup.
Who the hell needs a squad of around 40 players - it's madness.
Some of ours will be difficult to move though , too old , and on ridiculous salaries compared to their productivity !

The Niasse thread is locked so I'll post this in here.

“My contract with the club continues. But there is nothing wrong with me. I love Turkey. Galatasaray is a big club and will play in the Champions League. They also have a big manager like Fatih Terim. But it is between the clubs, it is not up to me.” (Source: Fanatik)

Sounds like he might be off then.

If you think it is straightforward to "offload" underperforming players on huge contracts you are mistaken.
If you think we should buy more players to add to a bloated squad you are foolish.
Next season it maybe that we take a step back.
I don't think we will clear the deadwood in one window.
As long as we see the introduction of some younger players , a clear team pattern with attacking football and a coherent approach to player recruitment that will be acceptable for me even if we end up dropping a few places.

Everton players 1981-82 -
d08530b234827019ac71f7a6a5342179.jpg

Saw this pic on the old pictures thread and its relevant, I think.I'm not saying this will happen again,but the way forward is a bit of patience and blooding some young players. Not all of the above players became club legends ,but this group produced 1/4 of the greatest team we've ever had. It would be worth a year treading water to accomplish something remotely similar

The Niasse thread is locked so I'll post this in here.

“My contract with the club continues. But there is nothing wrong with me. I love Turkey. Galatasaray is a big club and will play in the Champions League. They also have a big manager like Fatih Terim. But it is between the clubs, it is not up to me.” (Source: Fanatik)

Sounds like he might be off then.

Yeah, I reckon he wants to go. Deserves to be playing regularly somewhere so I would let him go. We 100% need to sign a goal scorer if he’s off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back