Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice One @Eggs

I think the lack of transfer activity is fine considering the huge changes we have had to make from the board downwards.

Silva and Brands will have identified what we actually need from last season.

Our squad is still a Top 10 squad but we have a abundance of players who don't fit Silva's methods.

I think by the start of next week (1st July) we will see the start of a lot of movement from all clubs with the first batch of free signings and group exits from the World Cup.

We will see a lot of nominal fees I am afraid because we will be taking the knock to counter the stupid wages we have given but that's football now.

I would like to see:
Rooney, Mirallas, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Williams (doubt he is fit enough tho) moved on this summer permanently.

I think judgement on Sandro and Klaassen will be left until Pre-Season.

So let's all remember to relax, go outside and watch some space hey guys and gals, Brands has got this.

Nice One @Eggs

I think the lack of transfer activity is fine considering the huge changes we have had to make from the board downwards.

Silva and Brands will have identified what we actually need from last season.

Our squad is still a Top 10 squad but we have a abundance of players who don't fit Silva's methods.

I think by the start of next week (1st July) we will see the start of a lot of movement from all clubs with the first batch of free signings and group exits from the World Cup.

We will see a lot of nominal fees I am afraid because we will be taking the knock to counter the stupid wages we have given but that's football now.

I would like to see:
Rooney, Mirallas, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Williams (doubt he is fit enough tho) moved on this summer permanently.

I think judgement on Sandro and Klaassen will be left until Pre-Season.

So let's all remember to relax, go outside and watch some space hey guys and gals, Brands has got this.

I would give Schneiderlin until January and see how he fits in under Silva. On his day he can be brilliant, just last season downed tools far to easily. New season, clean slate....

We will finish 7th or above, with loads of points before the next team.
7th is absolutely guaranteed.

Sighs.

Have we learned nothing since last summer when everyone said that 7th or better was guaranteed ?

Nothing is guaranteed in football. Especially with Everton.

But your probably a virgin, in a lot of ways we are both trying our best with limitations.

Try your left hand to spice it up for yourself, treat yourself.

Swing and a miss there bro, I'm loads of things but a virgin is defo not one X

Inter have as good as signed Naingolan from Roma and Dembele from Spurs. With Valero and Brozovic all top central midfielders I cant see why theyd want William Carvalho especially after spending 40mil on Joao Mario who was useless for them.
Not that I want Everton to sign him either.

Inter have as good as signed Naingolan from Roma and Dembele from Spurs. With Valero and Brozovic all top central midfielders I cant see why theyd want William Carvalho especially after spending 40mil on Joao Mario who was useless for them.
Not that I want Everton to sign him either.

No they haven't.

Would i be right in thinking they're the first big name from a big league to have been done properly for failing?
Could be a precedent for hitting psg if they don't make any sales?
I think PSG are seriously worried at this stage.
I know it’s all rumour and paper talk and hard to know what to believe but they are being pressed hard to sell players
Even the Buffon signing ( which is a free ) is held up till they sell players and even Mbappe may not be signing for them and may have to be shipped out

Sighs.

Have we learned nothing since last summer when everyone said that 7th or better was guaranteed ?

Nothing is guaranteed in football. Especially with Everton.

To be fair, we learned (yet again) that outside the top 2, this league really isn’t that good.

We played most of the season in complete disarray & yet still finished 8th.

bet liverpool sign donnarumma now on the cheap
Liverpool won’t sign Donnarumma on the cheap
Nobody will sign Donnarumma on the cheap.
He will break the world record fee for a keeper as will Allisson , De Gea , Courthois is they are transferred this summer
This also applies to the Athletico keeper.
If one big name keeper moved this summer it will start a merry go round.
I’m leaving Buffon out of the equation due to his age

The rebuilding job is going to be quite ugly and unless Silva really has the gift in abundance, it’s going to be a topsy-turvy season anyway and that extends to the transfer window as well. And that will probably continue into the season after. As long as Brands and Silva are ok with things so far, it’s fine with me.

I hope they expect a huge challenge and lots of difficulties because that’s what they will be getting. If the aim is to get us into the top four/six sooner or later, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back