Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I think we’ll get one CB, although they might want another of the existing ones off the books first.

This is exactly what will happen. Im presuming williams. Anyone thinks we will get 2 starting centre backs in 1 window are daft

I don’t think we will see any proper out movements until after the English window shuts, when we hold a 50% off fire sale car booty for the Turkish and other continental cheapskates. We are likely to offload these cretins on crap loan deals, with the only benefit being they are in the shop window and lessening wage commitments.

Fingers crossed we get rid of all the beauts well before then. x

I don’t think we will be decreasing the wages as much as we’d like to either. Brands will want to maximise the money available to complete incomings, but it’s going to take ages for him to get this mess sorted.

I don’t think we will see any proper out movements until after the English window shuts, when we hold a 50% off fire sale car booty for the Turkish and other continental cheapskates. We are likely to offload these cretins on crap loan deals, with the only benefit being they are in the shop window and lessening wage commitments.

Fingers crossed we get rid of all the beauts well before then. x
Most of our deadwood would require us to subsidise/pay all of the wages, be interesting to see the details of Rooneys deal or will it be a bit of a mystery like Mori.

..we need pace and mobility.

Two schools of thought here, aren’t there?

Teams who like to press from the front often results in opposition teams playing more long balls than usual. Therefore, an ideal pairing of someone with aerial dominance for the first ball, with a pacey, agile player on the cover should be preferred.

Not sure we have any of the above in our squad at the moment!

..I always have concerns about his weakness in the air but if we get a Rolls Royce alongside it would certainly allow us to be more expansive going forward. Couple of other youngsters on the horizon in Feeney and Gibson, although it would be a leap of faith suggesting either will make the step up.

I thought he came on leaps and bounds aerially last season personally.

..I think we’ll get one CB, although they might want another of the existing ones off the books first.
Tbh I could live with going into the season with Keane, a new aerial dominant pacey CB, Holgate and Jags, that with a new LB to replace Baines and it doesn't look so bad. Mori and Williams out and the likes of Feeney, Galloway, Browning all as youth options if they don't get moved on

Tbh I could live with going into the season with Keane, a new aerial dominant pacey CB, Holgate and Jags, that with a new LB to replace Baines and it doesn't look so bad. Mori and Williams out and the likes of Feeney, Galloway, Browning all as youth options if they don't get moved on

..I suspect Galloway and Browning are getting beyond youth team age. I’d be very surprised if they are ahead of Gibson in the pecking order and will be given away if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back