Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a definite gonner if anybody will take him, ditto for Sandro, Lookman, Klaassen, Niasse, Bolasie and Morgan by the sound of it.

With Rooney, Mori and Robles already gone it’s starting to resemble a serious clear out.

At least 5 will go out on loan as well IMO if we cannot offload them permanently. Such as Browning, Galloway, Tarashaj, Garbutt and Martina.

Brands has already said he wants Lookman to say, so where you're getting that from is baffling?

I swear in the past 3 or 4 days I’ve seen 3 championship players I’ve never heard of move clubs for £10m+. The fees in this window already :Blink:

On the RLC thing, I've not seen a huge amount to make me think he isn't just a similar player to Barkley - a powerful midfielder, who can carry the ball but doesn't seem to have much of a football brain after that - perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but I'm struggling to understand the hype. There's an awful lot more to being a midfielder than being big, quick and able to dribble past someone

The lad hasn't drilled down an actual position. Even managers say he can do "anything" because he's not learnt an actual position.

And that'll be the test and whether or not we're gonna be a finishing school for him and not letting someone like Dowell have a run, isn't something I'm a fan of.

So over 5 years he'd effectively cost us 35 m

If anyone mentions a 'free' again, show them the door.

It's standard practice that players on frees generally go for higher wages because normally there will be a few clubs in for them and also they there agents think the club is getting a good deal and so asks for more. Pretty sure everyone is aware of this to be fair.

What intrigues me is that Chelsea seem content to sell him or at least loan him again this season. How can the coaches at Chelsea all be missing what everybody else seem to see about RLC ?

Maybe the new coaches coming in at Chelsea will feel differently? Conte played a certain way and his side were defending champions last season with what seemed an embarrassment of midfield riches at his disposal.

Chelsea also seem to have a business model/plan/whatever... of buying and loaning players on a quite industrial scale. It wouldn’t be the first time really top player had left them.

It’s very difficult to shift players who are in contract and on massive wages.

Just ask Sunderland about Jack Rodders Rodwell.

Moonhead and Mr Walsh have a lot to answer for.

The lad hasn't drilled down an actual position. Even managers say he can do "anything" because he's not learnt an actual position.

And that'll be the test and whether or not we're gonna be a finishing school for him and not letting someone like Dowell have a run, isn't something I'm a fan of.

I don't think RLC and Dowell would be fighting over the same position to be honest

They could potentially both play

And there's no reason we'd have to be a finishing school. We could sign RLC after the loan, just like we did with Lukaku and Delofeu

Maybe the new coaches coming in at Chelsea will feel differently? Conte played a certain way and his side were defending champions last season with what seemed an embarrassment of midfield riches at his disposal.

Chelsea also seem to have a business model/plan/whatever... of buying and loaning players on a quite industrial scale. It wouldn’t be the first time really top player had left them.
Conte's still there though. I wouldn't rule out them making a change because they're a bit mad like that, but they are leaving it very, very late if they intend to change managers.

I understand that mikey and i do recall you asking why we didn't try and loan him when he went to palace.
But i would say you may be the exception to the rule.
I remember complaining to my mate in the pub(pure lad me) a couple of years ago about how chelsea were not doing right by there kids.
It was a couple of years ago and i was talking about how he is older than Dele Alli and Alli had already got through 100 profesional games while RLC had maybe played 15 in total, so it isnt always best for your progression to come through at someone like Chelsea.

Any mate, as i was saying, im not doubting a small sample of people have rated him for a while, but all of a sudden everyone has jumed on the Loftus Cheek is the next zidane bandwagon after watching a very small sample of him in a short space of time.

Its abit like when i watched the Wire, tried to tell everyone else to watch it, they all didnt bother, than 3 or 4 years later, they were all banging on about how good it was
don't think RLC and Dowell would be fighting over the same position to be honest

I see Dowell playing a bit further higher up. They could potentially both play

And there's no reason we'd have to be a finishing school. We could sign RLC after the loan, just like we did with Lukaku and Delofeu

RLC has the physicality to play centre mid, i dont think dowell does

as someone mentioned he'll more than likely be a replacement for barkley which isnt a bad thing, weve missed someone in centre mid who wants the ball to feet and move it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back