Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...my fear is a possible lack of dynamism. He doesn’t seem the type who grabs a game by the scruff of the neck, who dominates. He’s big and powerful, he’s talented but I just wonder about his application. Palace were in a relegation battle and I noticed he was substitute for a few games. There might be other reasons for that, but we really need somebody who plays like the game matters.

There’s lots of talent out there, we need attitude as well. If Loftus-Cheek has both, then fine but i’m not convinced.

Another Barkley then?

It's standard practice that players on frees generally go for higher wages because normally there will be a few clubs in for them and also they there agents think the club is getting a good deal and so asks for more. Pretty sure everyone is aware of this to be fair.

I guess my point was that what you save on transfer, you pay for on wages etc. to the player so frees probably work out similar to transfers - except you are likely getting a player that (previous) club isn't that bothered about - or they messed up.

He's powerful mate. Strong too. Won't get bullied, but still gifted with agility

A good box to box midfielder. Would work great in the midfield paired up with a defensive player like Gana. They'd complement each other really well. Young with a good upside

Like I said, he shouldn't hurt Dowell but he might prove an issue for Davies

Depends on how much you like/rate Davies on that point I guess. I personally like Davies but I think RLC is better, and the team comes first sadly

@ijjysmith anything you'd like to add?
Can't disagree with any of this but sadly we won't buy him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back