Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what bugs me most about Loftus-Cheek is the diving. For a big, strong guy, he goes down quite a bit after contact. He was ridiculous in our last game against Palace, flopping all over the place. I suppose in THAT way, he is very similar to Barkley.

I guess I see a bit of potential there. He can run with it a bit, he shows a bit of trickery every now and then.

Moshiri, the smart money man, seems to have essentially said "my investment money was wasted, fix this before I spend more".
Or they just can't have a squad of 38 players for Silva. Obviously, it's a GOOD thing to move as many players out as possible, it gives us more money to spend as I'm sure we do have a budget. But I really don't think it's sell to buy as these guys wouldn't have taken the job if that was the case.

Or they just can't have a squad of 38 players for Silva. Obviously, it's a GOOD thing to move as many players out as possible, it gives us more money to spend as I'm sure we do have a budget. But I really don't think it's sell to buy as these guys wouldn't have taken the job if that was the case.

I think Brands will have plenty of freedom and money going forward with Moshiri's blessing, essentially bleeding out anyone else's influence. AFTER cleaning up this mess. That would be an attractive offer.

Whilst I agree to a degree, but to use Brands as an example, at PSV his job was to make money, buy low, sell high, he made the club a huge profit, which was invested back into the club in all areas. Here he will of course have a bigger budget and of course hes now in a much higher tier league, but he will most likely get all the profits to spend on players and its certainly a bigger stage and challenge for him, plus he probably earns more a week now than he did in a year at PSV.

I just think we need a period of prudence, we cant keep spending like City, Utd for example, we simply dont have their revenues and Moshiri cant keep throwing money at us, hes not a bottomless pit.

If 2 lads on the internet can see it mate, im quite confident that Brands can see it.

I mean of course we arent skint, skint, but we cant keep doing what we did last summer, we just cant, ive said for a while, the club needs a complete reset, we got 1 at the board level, we got a new DoF, a new manager, now we just need new players.

It wont be easy, it certainly wont be doable in this window for sure, but I still have faith that Marcel will box it off.

I think what last season has shown is that we have to be very very careful when offering wages of 80k plus per week to players. We really need to see a return for our money. Hopefully this is where Brands unearths the type of player who come in on 30/40k hungry to prove themselves compared to lobbing loads of dollar on players who realise that Everton are too big for them and they cant cope with that or aren't good enough to help us get to the next level.

I think what last season has shown is that we have to be very very careful when offering wages of 80k plus per week to players. We really need to see a return for our money. Hopefully this is where Brands unearths the type of player who come in on 30/40k hungry to prove themselves compared to lobbing loads of dollar on players who realise that Everton are too big for them and they cant cope with that or aren't good enough to help us get to the next level.

Offering players the dough isnt an issue, if they deserve it, I mean 80k isnt even big money sadly these days, in the grand scale of things its defo at the lower range of what even tier 2 players want. But the fact that we currently have 36 first team players on our books, the fact that we have utter crappers on massive money, thats the issue really.

I mean I think 110m a week is a decent number to aim for, that works out at around 25 players each earning 80ishk a week, of course we dont only pay 25 players and not everybody will be earning the same, but yeah, a few punts at like 40k, a few Walcott types on 120k and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back