Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri either trusted the wrong people or took his eye off the ball a little, either way there was an error of judgement, it happens, but I suspect it doesnt happen many times with a man worth as much money as him.

And no, I doubt we will hit the numbers I said in this window, I think 3 windows should be the soft aim, this window, Jan hopefully and "finish" it off next summer.

But of course we cant "stand still", we still have to try and improve the squad, it could be argued that just by shifting some of the utter rubbish its already been improved, but either way a massive 6 weeks coming up for Mr Brands.

Agreed on all points. Definitely a case Moshiri having the wrong people in charge. Brands will bring a more astute eye to the table and be concerned with finances. Something Walsh couldn’t comprehend or didn’t take onboard.

Regardless of how long it takes, it’s being addressed now and as you say if it’s 1, 2 or even windows - it’ll happen.

Whilst I agree to a degree, but to use Brands as an example, at PSV his job was to make money, buy low, sell high, he made the club a huge profit, which was invested back into the club in all areas. Here he will of course have a bigger budget and of course hes now in a much higher tier league, but he will most likely get all the profits to spend on players and its certainly a bigger stage and challenge for him, plus he probably earns more a week now than he did in a year at PSV.

I just think we need a period of prudence, we cant keep spending like City, Utd for example, we simply dont have their revenues and Moshiri cant keep throwing money at us, hes not a bottomless pit.

The more I think about it, the more I think Brands is the driving force for the wage reduction in terms of it frees up money for the improvement of the squad. He must have seen the wages and thought instantly that there’s scope for improvement to reduce and enable progression in addition to any funds promised to take the post on.

I feel comfortable that we’ve got Brands. His direction is going to help us so much.

The more I think about it, the more I think Brands is the driving force for the wage reduction in terms of it frees up money for the improvement of the squad. He must have seen the wages and thought instantly that there’s scope for improvement to reduce and enable progression in addition to any funds promised to take the post on.

I feel comfortable that we’ve got Brands. His direction is going to help us so much.

Oh shut up, stop it with the hyperbole of Brands will yer.

He is driving the wage reduction??? Get a grip. He will have been told to get it reduced and rightly so as our wages to turnover is rumoured to be close to 80% the season just gone.

I've heard the lager is going to be much colder at the ground and Brands is the driving force behind it.

Whilst I agree to a degree, but to use Brands as an example, at PSV his job was to make money, buy low, sell high, he made the club a huge profit, which was invested back into the club in all areas. Here he will of course have a bigger budget and of course hes now in a much higher tier league, but he will most likely get all the profits to spend on players and its certainly a bigger stage and challenge for him, plus he probably earns more a week now than he did in a year at PSV.

I just think we need a period of prudence, we cant keep spending like City, Utd for example, we simply dont have their revenues and Moshiri cant keep throwing money at us, hes not a bottomless pit.

Just catching up and don’t mean to bombard you.

I’m all for a good period of review here. You suggested 7th being attainable and with that - obviously with hard work we don’t need much.

Whereas to target 6th or higher which we have no chance of with solid investment this year (even then it’s not certain) you are looking at more money, over £150m being thrown at the squad - for little or no improvement in league position.

The patient approach taking more time and getting expenditure sorted is my preferred route.

He is driving the wage reduction??? Get a grip. He will have been told to get it reduced and rightly so as our wages to turnover is rumoured to be close to 80% the season just gone.

I've heard the lager is going to be much colder at the ground and Brands is the driving force behind it.
Bahahahaha x

Another week with no transfers in. When do we start to panic?

I don't think we need to panic. we had a decent squad last year, have some great younger players to. just didn't have a good enough manager to get the best out of them. I think we will see a few more outs yet before wet get anybody in, its only been 2 outs so far and they wanted 6 to 8

We are on an Everton forum and you are using Liverpool players to back up your arguement.

Automatic loss.
Event though those players back up his argument ? If the same players had gone elsewhere then using them as examples would be fine ? Bizarre logic that kind of sums up the paucity of debate here, mention Liverpool in any context (unless negatively) and you are a kopite etc. The point the poster made is perfectly valid, but the blue specs to one side for a change.

That Chang is crap, freezing cold so you cant taste it might be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back