Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..AMK Spor in Turkey reporting we have offered Davy Klaassen in a direct swap for Besiktas defender, Domagoj Vida.

Seems odd we’d swap a young £23m midfielder for a 29 year old Centre Back who went on a free in January. That would not only be taking a hit, it could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!!

We need input from a true Celtic fan on just how good Tierney is and if he would do a job for us. I know just the fella.

@Neiler

Why thank you!!

He wont be leaving Celtic in my opinion, i think the lad himself would target another couple of seasons at Celtic. It will only be prompted if Celtic accept an offer for him.

Would be like when we signed Baines if he did come he would need a year or so in and out of the team to adjust and knuckle down on fitness, adjusting to pace of the game in the PL and S/C in my opinion. Has the undoubted quality, hes proved it at CL level.

He is very happy at Celtic and loves the club and enjoys life being Mr Celtic, hes a massive Celtic fan himself, hard to know how a move to another club in a different area would impact on him, hes still relatively young.

If i was doing a deal, id be pushing Ashley Williams Celtics way as part of any deal he and Rodgers have history, two birds and one stone.williams himself has a year left on his deal and could be tempted by a drop in wage if it meant it added a bit of longevity to a new two or three career at Celtic.

Last edited:

..AMK Spor in Turkey reporting we have offered Davy Klaassen in a direct swap for Besiktas defender, Domagoj Vida.

Seems odd we’d swap a young £23m midfielder for a 29 year old Centre Back who went on a free in January. That would not only be taking a hit, it could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!!

Swap deals rarely happen - almost any article that suggests a swap deal is in the offing is just making stuff up. Was under the impression that Vida was available at a relatively low price - if not, swerve

https://thecelticstar.com/fakes-sake-tierney-everton-no-chance-simunovic-lille-unlikely/

'Everton’s ambition is to be admired but they are punching above their weight on this one'

Nothing beats pummeling St.Mirren or Hamilton Academical every other week to give a club a deluded view of itself.

Celtic spent £52m on wages in 2017.
Everton removed £13m from their wage bill yesterday with a single transfer.

Surely that makes it almost impossible to hold on to your players if a premier league team comes calling - the difference in the value of contracts has become ludicrous.

Why thank you!!

He wont be leaving Celtic in my opinion, i think the lad himself would target another couple of seasons at Celtic. It will only be prompted if Celtic accept an offer for him.

Would be like when we signed Baines if he did come he would need a year or so in and out of the team to adjust and knuckle down on fitness, adjusting to pace of the game in the PL and S/C in my opinion. Has the undoubted quality, hes proved it at CL level.

He is very happy at Celtic and loves the club and enjoys life being Mr Celtic, hes a massive Celtic fan himself, hard to know how a move to another club in a different area would impact on him, hes still relatively young.

If i was doing a deal, id be pushing Ashley Williams Celtics way as part of any deal he and Rodgers have history, two birds and one stone.williams himself has a year left on his deal and could be tempted by a drop in wage if it meant it added a bit of longevity to a new two or three career at Celtic.

but......but.....but....but, its a pub league......no ambition........blah blah blah

Was saying that 12 months ago when people were saying "we should go in for tierney"
He wont leave celtic until after the 10 in a row, unless they get a ridiculous offer for him, and if he was to leave the club that he loves, i am pretty certain he wouldn't see everton as an option

Celtic spent £52m on wages in 2017.
Everton removed £13m from their wage bill yesterday with a single transfer.

Surely that makes it almost impossible to hold on to your players if a premier league team comes calling - the difference in the value of contracts has become ludicrous.
Seemingly Tierney is one of the very few footballers not motivated primarily by money.
In his own words he’s living the dream.
I read in an article that he asked his mam to buy him a Celtic jersey for Christmas.
FFS he probably has a Celtic duvet on his bed.
He still lives with his parents and seems very level headed.
He knows if he stays for 2/3 years he still has 5/6 years to earn major money to set him up for life.
Let’s be honest even on 15/20 k a week at Celtic he could stay there for the rest of his career and be set up financially for life
I would bet a tenner that even if he leaves Celtic he will end up back at Celtic at the tail end of his career the same way Rooney did with us but without the massive wages.

Seemingly Tierney is one of the very few footballers not motivated primarily by money.
I read in an article that he asked his mam to buy him a Celtic jersey for Christmas.
He knows if he stays for 2/3 years he still has 5/6 years to earn major money to set him up for life.
Let’s be honest even on 15/20 k a week at Celtic he could stay there for the rest of his career and be set up financially for life
I would bet a tenner that even if he leaves Celtic he will end up back at Celtic at the tail end of his career the same way Rooney did with us but without the massive wages.
Yes but did he have Celtic pj's ? Money talks in all but a very few cases, as it will here.

Once a hoops always a hoops eh?

I agree, we should be giving them some money for taking Klassen off our hands.

Yes but did he have Celtic pj's ? Money talks in all but a very few cases, as it will here.
It may well talk to Tierney but I doubt he will move for at least the next 2 seasons.
Dermot Desmond ( biggest shareholder ) Denis O Brien ( minority shareholder ) know a bit about buisness with a combined worth of over 6 billion and know his value is only going up.
Plus there would be a major backlash from the fans if he was sold without him being readily agreeable to a move

He is Scottish, its in his DNA to be a traitor like Robert the Bruce in Braveheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back