Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
but......but.....but....but, its a pub league......no ambition........blah blah blah

Was saying that 12 months ago when people were saying "we should go in for tierney"
He wont leave celtic until after the 10 in a row, unless they get a ridiculous offer for him, and if he was to leave the club that he loves, i am pretty certain he wouldn't see everton as an option
I'd have to disagree with that.

There's a reason why Van Dijk and Wanyama went to Southampton before getting their big moves. Bigger teams were aware of them, but weren't willing to spend huge amounts of money on players who hadn't proved themselves at a good level. That hasn't changed. Tierney looks good, just like those two did, but I'd be surprised if one of the real big hitters was interested in spending £25m on what could be a total flop, when they could probably just wait two years and pay £15m more for someone they now knew could do it.

..AMK Spor in Turkey reporting we have offered Davy Klaassen in a direct swap for Besiktas defender, Domagoj Vida.

Seems odd we’d swap a young £23m midfielder for a 29 year old Centre Back who went on a free in January.
wages would be the biggest head scratcher

There's a reason why Van Dijk and Wanyama went to Southampton before getting their big moves. Bigger teams were aware of them, but weren't willing to spend huge amounts of money on players who hadn't proved themselves at a good level. That hasn't changed. Tierney looks good, just like those two did, but I'd be surprised if one of the real big hitters was interested in spending £25m on what could be a total flop, when they could probably just wait two years and pay £15m more for someone they now knew could do it.

That's it really, Davy Klassen would be a footballing God up in Scotland. The standard of football in Scotland is disgraceful. Seagulls fighting over a chip show more skill than Dundee V Hearts game.

That's it really, Davy Klassen would be a footballing God up in Scotland. The standard of football in Scotland is disgraceful. Seagulls fighting over a chip show more skill than Dundee V Hearts game.

People were saying the same about Wanyama Forster Van Dijk. There is talent up there if you’re willing to gamble on it.

It may well talk to Tierney but I doubt he will move for at least the next 2 seasons.
Dermot Desmond ( biggest shareholder ) Denis O Brien ( minority shareholder ) know a bit about buisness with a combined worth of over 6 billion and know his value is only going up.
Plus there would be a major backlash from the fans if he was sold without him being readily agreeable to a move
They will also know as business men that if he doesn't continue to progress then his value will plummet. They would get serious money for him now, I am not sure that his value will continue to rise much more as the limiting factor is not so much the player as the standard of the league he plays in.

The difference though is Van Dijk & Wanyama viewed Celtic as a stepping stone.
Tierney would be more than happy to stay at celtic his whole career, he wouldn't see everton as a good enough reason to leave them.
As the previous poster said, the lad is celtic through and through, the armband is his when Brown retires.
Im sure if a United or Chelsea etc came in for him then it would give him something to think about and in a way the fans would understand.
But not Everton- no chance

It may well talk to Tierney but I doubt he will move for at least the next 2 seasons.
Dermot Desmond ( biggest shareholder ) Denis O Brien ( minority shareholder ) know a bit about buisness with a combined worth of over 6 billion and know his value is only going up.
Plus there would be a major backlash from the fans if he was sold without him being readily agreeable to a move

..like a lot of these situations, moves tend to happen when the player pushes for it. Once that happens they tend to become inevitable. I don’t know if there’s anything in the Tierney link but I think it would only happen if the player asked for it to happen. From all that is being said, that looks very doubtful.

Tierney would be more than happy to stay at celtic his whole career, he wouldn't see everton as a good enough reason to leave them.
As the previous poster said, the lad is celtic through and through, the armband is his when Brown retires.
Im sure if a United or Chelsea etc came in for him then it would give him something to think about and in a way the fans would understand.
plus he signed like A massive deal like last year it would take a staggering offer to dislodge him

Yes but did he have Celtic pj's ? Money talks in all but a very few cases, as it will here.

He is Celtic through and through.

They’d be tough to deal with over him but they’re not going to turn their nose up at 30 plus million.

Don’t think think we’re even looking at him, moreso less even interested in a move.

Event though those players back up his argument ? If the same players had gone elsewhere then using them as examples would be fine ? Bizarre logic that kind of sums up the paucity of debate here, mention Liverpool in any context (unless negatively) and you are a kopite etc. The point the poster made is perfectly valid, but the blue specs to one side for a change.
Fighting talk Rob. Good luck with taking on the clique;)

That's a huge leap you're making there mate. If only there were examples of other players who had professed to love a particular club that we could look at to see what happened.

So people want me to believe Tierney would reject a probable starting role in a top 6 targeting Premier league side hwo would most probably double if not triple his wages?
Jog on lads, loyalty to a club is one thing but setting your family up for life comes first, especially when celtic would take him back at any opportunity in future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back