Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m already panicking, mate. Stinks of 2016, this window.
As it happens, 2016 turned out to be a better window than 2017. We only spunked money on Williams and Bolasie in 16. Last year, it was Keane, Klaassen, Siggy, Rooney, Sandro and Martina, plus we lost Lukaku and Barkley.

Might be a case of less is more.

I very much doubt that we would bid for Tierney just to be turned down by the player himself. Would be e little bit ridiculous that. I presume that we would at least sound out his agent before bidding.

I know Tierney loves Celtic and everything but what has he left to win there? If he wants to stay because he loves it so much then fair play to him, but, unfortunately, when an offer comes to better yourself and your salary next to nobody turns it down.

I very much doubt that we would bid for Tierney just to be turned down by the player himself. Would be e little bit ridiculous that. I presume that we would at least sound out his agent before bidding.
Just thinking about this do a club put the bid into the club before they have actually spoke to the agent ? I would think that comes first, the power is all with the players.

I really do not have a clue who we will sign. One thing I am sure of though after watching the 3 games England have played I do not want to see any of these in a Royal Blue shirt - Rashford (crap player, cannot score to save his life), Loftus-cheek ( just average, nothing special), Dembele ( rubbish midfielder), Dier (dire)

Okay some may disagree buy it is my opinion that's all.

They will also know as business men that if he doesn't continue to progress then his value will plummet. They would get serious money for him now, I am not sure that his value will continue to rise much more as the limiting factor is not so much the player as the standard of the league he plays in.
A few good CL games and international games could push his value even higher

Seemingly Tierney is one of the very few footballers not motivated primarily by money.
In his own words he’s living the dream.
I read in an article that he asked his mam to buy him a Celtic jersey for Christmas.
FFS he probably has a Celtic duvet on his bed.
He still lives with his parents and seems very level headed.
He knows if he stays for 2/3 years he still has 5/6 years to earn major money to set him up for life.
Let’s be honest even on 15/20 k a week at Celtic he could stay there for the rest of his career and be set up financially for life
I would bet a tenner that even if he leaves Celtic he will end up back at Celtic at the tail end of his career the same way Rooney did with us but without the massive wages.

It's funny - that would make me want him at Everton even more ;)
We've a good history of full-backs with that type of attitude!

Completely agree with you by the way - 15/20k a week is enough to set you up for life easily, it's generally agents that get those boats rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back