Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tierney rumour is the first one this whole silly season that perked me up... Although Lozano sounds brilliant can't say I ever heard of him before. Now give us both and I might start to build some enthusiasm for the new season. Not enough until we have a new striker to think anything other that top 10.

Tierney and Lozano on our left hand side would be wonderful

Coleman and Theo on the other

Tosun and ozkayup central

Gueye and Schneids (as he is poss staying)

God knows about our CD's though.

Jord.

I distinctly remember Henry scoring against us at least once. Remarkable if it was only that once though. Difficult to say Yobo had him in his pocket though, because whether he scored himself or not, henry was part of an arsenal side that quite regularly used to put about 9 past us.

He never scored against us in his career

Seemingly Tierney is one of the very few footballers not motivated primarily by money.
In his own words he’s living the dream.
I read in an article that he asked his mam to buy him a Celtic jersey for Christmas.
FFS he probably has a Celtic duvet on his bed.
He still lives with his parents and seems very level headed.
He knows if he stays for 2/3 years he still has 5/6 years to earn major money to set him up for life.
Let’s be honest even on 15/20 k a week at Celtic he could stay there for the rest of his career and be set up financially for life
I would bet a tenner that even if he leaves Celtic he will end up back at Celtic at the tail end of his career the same way Rooney did with us but without the massive wages.

If you think Tierney, his agent, his family and all those around him would stay on 20k per week for 2/3 seasons and turning down a move fir 80-100k per week a couple million signing bonus etc, then your niave mate, all on the assumption that in 3 years he'll get that move and the money anyway, ofc he could in that time get a career ending injury and he's then screwed.

In short though no one no matter how much they love a club is gonna stay and earn 3 million quid when by moving he would earn 14m

Torres left athleticism, Rooney left us, numerous south American players absolutely fanatics about their clubs left fir Europe, tevez and Ronaldo included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back