Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Tierney, his agent, his family and all those around him would stay on 20k per week for 2/3 seasons and turning down a move fir 80-100k per week a couple million signing bonus etc, then your niave mate, all on the assumption that in 3 years he'll get that move and the money anyway, ofc he could in that time get a career ending injury and he's then screwed.

In short though no one no matter how much they love a club is gonna stay and earn 3 million quid when by moving he would earn 14m

Torres left athleticism, Rooney left us, numerous south American players absolutely fanatics about their clubs left fir Europe, tevez and Ronaldo included.
Surprising how there has never been an official bid in for him.
Maybe clubs think he’s crap
Maybe they don’t see what we see
Maybe his agent has hawked him around every PL club and they all said no thanks don’t fancy him.

Or maybe just maybe he’s told his agent
“ I don’t want to leave Celtic YET , so tell all interested clubs that “

He did, I just told you I remember it happening. As in I was there, watching it with my own eyes. You can keep telling me he didn't as much as you want, but you will continually be wrong, because he did. I hope this helps.

Obviously I was wrong lol

if we really stuck to NSNO we'd never sign another player again as currently 'the best' simply wont come here, maybe one day if we build ourselves up to that level but it means breaking our motto continually to do so

Might be mistaken , I thought someone asked if this forum will every agree on a player , from my time I think everyone would agree on them. Sorry if I have replied to the wrong post :)

Surprising how there has never been an official bid in for him.
Maybe clubs think he’s crap
Maybe they don’t see what we see
Maybe his agent has hawked him around every PL club and they all said no thanks don’t fancy him.

Or maybe just maybe he’s told his agent
“ I don’t want to leave Celtic YET , so tell all interested clubs that “

Or maybe Celtic know they’ve got a huge talent on there hands, hence the 6 year contract, and are telling anyone enquiring that bidding will have to start at £25 million.

There’s not any clubs out there who can afford £25 million plus for an untried left back from a pub league, although we can. The other clubs that can, can also afford the finished article, someone more tried and tested and will probably be happy to see how he gets on at a club like us first for that type of fee.

Sorry, what was it you done again? Did you break your spine on the Friday night and by monday you were fully recovered watching Everton stop Henry from ever scoring past us.

In
His
Career

Spine is fine , thanks for your concern , it was my MCL , and obviously I was mistaken about Henry ... anything else you’d like me to clear up?
Not quite sure how I could break my spine on Friday then watch a retired player score a goal in a match that isn’t even taking place tbh

Saying Yuri Berchiche (PSG left back just signed for Bilbao) was also targeted by Atletico Madrid and an unnamed English club

Probs us

Or maybe Celtic know they’ve got a huge talent on there hands, hence the 6 year contract, and are telling anyone enquiring that bidding will have to start at £25 million.

There’s not any clubs out there who can afford £25 million plus for an untried left back from a pub league, although we can. The other clubs that can, can also afford the finished article, someone more tried and tested and will probably be happy to see how he gets on at a club like us first for that type of fee.
And if Tierney was interested in moving to the PL would he have happily without question ( his words ) have signed a 6 yr deal knowing it would inflate his value and maybe put interested clubs off
If he’s that keen on the big money why didn’t he sign a 1 yr contract extension and that way let it be known he was interested in moving to the PL
If as you say money talks why sign the 6 yr deal when it defeats the purpose , or at least put a reasonable release clause in it.
Next argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back