Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez signed a contract knowing full well he wanted to go and would go next season but he’s have been even more of an unhappy player if he hadn’t got the wage the likes of Arsenal, Barca or Real we’re prepared to pay him at the time. I think Coutinho’s May have done the same.

Tierney’s never going to stay there on a youth players wage. So he signs a contract for an established Celtic players salary which is a win win situation for both him and the club.

He gets paid what Celtic think he’s worth, a considerably increase on what he was getting whilst they give him the shop window to perform and justify the huge price tag they want for him.

Next silly question......
If he really wants wants to go why six years
Why not 2 or3
The lad has said he’s living the dream and has no interest in leaving.
Why no bids
Clubs never bid for a later unless they know there’s an interest in the player moving.
You’ve become too cynical and believe it’s all about the money and no the last thing I can be accused of is being naive
I’ll wager Tierney goes nowhere in the next 2 windows

If he really wants wants to go why six years
Why not 2 or3
The lad has said he’s living the dream and has no interest in leaving.
Why no bids
Clubs never bid for a later unless they know there’s an interest in the player moving.
You’ve become too cynical and believe it’s all about the money and no the last thing I can be accused of is being naive
I’ll wager Tierney goes nowhere in the next 2 windows
He's not even that good from what I've seen. Swerve.

Where’s Kennedy going to end up? He on the way back there? I’d like him here.
China.

No, wait...
Yeah interesting that. They definitely want him, but if they could afford him, and if he’d sign for them, who knows. Decent player.

...I think he’s a bit of an in-between player in that he’s not a Left Back and seemed to have his own way of playing wing back. I know @davek was keen, be interesting if Benitez wants him after having him on loan. Talented but i’m not convinced about his application.

I sincerely hope that Tierney honours his words and remains at Celtic. It is always heartening when a talented footballer spurns obscene financial remuneration to play the sport he loves for the club he supports. The moment he reneges on that promise he becomes just another overpaid, pot chasing young man of dubious fidelity,which I find sad.
I think many of us on here have become jaundiced in our views of footballers professions of support in the wake of the series of dishonourable scoundrels who have passed through our club ranks in recent years. Entirely understandable.
This
It’s one of the reasons Coleman stayed loyal to the club
He was brought up in Gaelic football country where loyalty to your parish club is sacrosanct and that loyalty has stayed with him

World Cup is no excuse, we won’t be getting anyone from a nation of pedigree like Brazil or Spain anyway.
We will end up with some cross breed who’s da’s from Togo and ma’s from San Marino.

...I think he’s a bit of an in-between player in that he’s not a Left Back and seemed to have his own way of playing wing back. I know @davek was keen, be interesting if Benitez wants him after having him on loan. Talented but i’m not convinced about his application.

Yeah, I mean he was playing left midfield for Newcastle, but I think left wing back would be his best position, and it wouldn’t appear we’ll be playing that system.

This
It’s one of the reasons Coleman stayed loyal to the club
He was brought up in Gaelic football country where loyalty to your parish club is sacrosanct and that loyalty has stayed with him

..but Coleman moved to Everton, Bri. A footballers career is short lived, if Tierney is the player folk believe then he will owe Celtic nothing. At some stage he will move on for the good of himself and his club.

..but Coleman moved to Everton, Bri. A footballers career is short lived, if Tierney is the player folk believe then he will owe Celtic nothing. At some stage he will move on for the good of himself and his club.
Coleman left an amateur sport to play part time for Sligo where he still needed a 9-5 job to pay the rent
Big difference from him coming to Everton and Tierney leaving Celtic.
I’ve no doubt he will leave but I doubt it’ll be for a couple of seasons
As the lad himself says “ I’m living the dream “

Coleman left an amateur sport to play part time for Sligo where he still needed a 9-5 job to pay the rent
Yeah but fatter paycheck to do the same job is a better dream for most people.

..i’d be amazed if he doesn’t move on. Loyalty is fantastic, but clubs are rejecting hundreds of young lads every year. Tierney signing the deal guaranteed his club big bucks. Brilliant. Compare that to Barkley.

But if Tierney owes Celtic nothing, why would he move on for the good of (himself) and his club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back