Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Tierney was interested in moving to the PL would he have happily without question ( his words ) have signed a 6 yr deal knowing it would inflate his value and maybe put interested clubs off
If he’s that keen on the big money why didn’t he sign a 1 yr contract extension and that way let it be known he was interested in moving to the PL
If as you say money talks why sign the 6 yr deal when it defeats the purpose , or at least put a reasonable release clause in it.
Next argument
What, you mean like when suarez and coutinho signed 5 year contracts and stayed to see them out?

And if Tierney was interested in moving to the PL would he have happily without question ( his words ) have signed a 6 yr deal knowing it would inflate his value and maybe put interested clubs off
If he’s that keen on the big money why didn’t he sign a 1 yr contract extension and that way let it be known he was interested in moving to the PL
If as you say money talks why sign the 6 yr deal when it defeats the purpose , or at least put a reasonable release clause in it.
Next argument

Suarez signed a contract knowing full well he wanted to go and would go next season but he’s have been even more of an unhappy player if he hadn’t got the wage the likes of Arsenal, Barca or Real we’re prepared to pay him at the time. I think Coutinho’s May have done the same.

Tierney’s never going to stay there on a youth players wage. So he signs a contract for an established Celtic players salary which is a win win situation for both him and the club.

He gets paid what Celtic think he’s worth, a considerably increase on what he was getting whilst they give him the shop window to perform and justify the huge price tag they want for him.

Next silly question......

I sincerely hope that Tierney honours his words and remains at Celtic. It is always heartening when a talented footballer spurns obscene financial remuneration to play the sport he loves for the club he supports. The moment he reneges on that promise he becomes just another overpaid, pot chasing young man of dubious fidelity,which I find sad.
I think many of us on here have become jaundiced in our views of footballers professions of support in the wake of the series of dishonourable scoundrels who have passed through our club ranks in recent years. Entirely understandable.

slow start to the "window" guess targets are away on world cup duty. Or the merry-go-round will start once the world cup is over. Dominos n such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back