Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he's got better people looking after him than the likes of Barkley & Rooney
Look at Le Tissier if you want an example
Different world from 20 years ago mate.

If he really cares about Celtic he'll move. They could get £25m for him, replace him for a tenth of that and not get any worse. That's just the reality of football in Scotland. Regardless of whether he wants to stay there forever (which I doubt) it's extraordinarily unlikely that the club will want him to, because from a business perspective selling him would be far more beneficial than keeping him. Pretty simple really.

The difference though is Van Dijk & Wanyama viewed Celtic as a stepping stone.
Tierney would be more than happy to stay at celtic his whole career, he wouldn't see everton as a good enough reason to leave them.
As the previous poster said, the lad is celtic through and through, the armband is his when Brown retires.
Im sure if a United or Chelsea etc came in for him then it would give him something to think about and in a way the fans would understand.
But not Everton- no chance
Behave. Are you his internal monologue, his conscience?
How the hell do you know what he would say when offered daft money or what Celtic would do offered the same?
Football is a career and money to be set up for life, does the talking. Big money to allow Celtic to remain top dogs on their turf also does the talking.
If its a straight choice between Man U or Chelsea for example over Everton then yes we have little chance. If only Everton are willing to gamble big money then we have a very good chance.

I know Tierney loves Celtic and everything but what has he left to win there? If he wants to stay because he loves it so much then fair play to him, but, unfortunately, when an offer comes to better yourself and your salary next to nobody turns it down.
Yes he will give it the Lukaku/Fellaini tried and tested "I need Champions league football", yes I know Celtic ar al
Behave. Are you his internal monologue, his conscience?
How the hell do you know what he would say when offered daft money or what Celtic would do offered the same?
Football is a career and money to be set up for life, does the talking. Big money to allow Celtic to remain top dogs on their turf also does the talking.
If its a straight choice between Man U or Chelsea for example over Everton then yes we have little chance. If only Everton are willing to gamble big money then we have a very good chance.
Doesn't this worry you though ? It reminds me of last seasons debacle, nobody was interested in any of the players we signed (or certainly not at the price we paid for them) yet here we were bragging how boss our transfer window was and "getting it done early" was the new Everton way, we won the transfer window apparently.

IIRC we were really only after Naughton, they made a big for both. I don't think we had any interest in Walker and that's how they got both. Might be vice-versa.
We matched the bid but Sheffield wouldn't speak to us, I reckon it was a down to levy

The Tierney rumour is the first one this whole silly season that perked me up... Although Lozano sounds brilliant can't say I ever heard of him before. Now give us both and I might start to build some enthusiasm for the new season. Not enough until we have a new striker to think anything other that top 10.

Yes he will give it the Lukaku/Fellaini tried and tested "I need Champions league football", yes I know Celtic ar al

Doesn't this worry you though ? It reminds me of last seasons debacle, nobody was interested in any of the players we signed (or certainly not at the price we paid for them) yet here we were bragging how boss our transfer window was and "getting it done early" was the new Everton way, we won the transfer window apparently.
Oh absolutely it worries me. I'm not at all desperate for us to offer silly money for Tierney, I have never even seen him play.
I was just answering to the assumption that Everton had no chance of signing him.
On a personal level I would much rather the manager and dof sought and unearthed a gem who wants to come here for footballing reasons rather than just cold hard cash. On that score I have no problem with players earning loads of cold hard cash in line with their peers as long as their ability and attitude warrant it.
Last summer was a disaster in most respects and I hope for a more professional and considered approach from now on. I am willing to be patient as long as I can see a reasonably clear and fairly enjoyable pattern of play evolve. Add to that a respectable and non comical approach to the way the club is run, all would be well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back