Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what is required IMO - perhaps even 2 centre halves if we can shift Jags and Williams.

Getting players like Williams , Jagielka , Schneiderlin , Bolasie , Mirrallas and Sandro out the door is just as important as new signings.

Lots of work for Marcel
First thing that is required is get rid of the dross within the squad even if we have to give some of them away.

Lozano and Fabra would be a great start to the summer. Buy a CB and a striker and I’d be more than happy. Over to you Mr. Brands!

Have to say, while Lozano & Kluivert might be exciting potential signings, would much rather we invested heavily in sorting our more glaring needs first, left back, left sided centre back & central midfielder.

Would much rather give Lookman a proper chance in the team & have Vlasic & Dowell as depth gaining game time in cup games or when injuries occur. For me attacking midfield, is not a priority as much as other more pressing voids of quality in the team.

Dont talk daft. He was not good enough for us, so the champions took him.

He would still be our best player now.

Pretty much anything that was great over the last 4 years come from him or rom.
He had the maverick side coached out of him by Koeman but never improved the other sides of his game to compensate. As much as I hate to admit it he ended up neither one thing or another.

I'm not going to judge his Chelsea career yet as that would be unfair due to his injuries. But I will be surprised if he is still there for the start of the 2019/20 season. We'll see.

The young French lad that began this discussion reminds me of the young Ross. He'll be entertaing to watch but not what we need right now, and may not develop the other sides of his game in the same way that Ross clearly hasnt. If you disagree thats fine.

Exactly what is required IMO - perhaps even 2 centre halves if we can shift Jags and Williams.

Getting players like Williams , Jagielka , Schneiderlin , Bolasie , Mirrallas and Sandro out the door is just as important as new signings.

Lots of work for Marcel
You've missed Keane,how did you manage that?:(

Have to say, while Lozano & Kluivert might be exciting potential signings, would much rather we invested heavily in sorting our more glaring needs first, left back, left sided centre back & central midfielder.

Would much rather give Lookman a proper chance in the team & have Vlasic & Dowell as depth gaining game time in cup games or when injuries occur. For me attacking midfield, is not a priority as much as other more pressing voids of quality in the team.
Whilst I somewhat agree, we are bereft of any attacking threat and Walcott will probably get injured knowing our luck.

So we need something more as a pressing matter too

Frank Fabra is crap though yeah?
Haven't the foggiest mate. He's in the Uruguay squad for the WC thats all I know. What do our Argentinuan based posters thunk of him?.

For left back I quite like the Spanish lad who plays for Benfica, but Portuguese clubs are buggers to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.