Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Monday 4th June and it’s the Brands/Silva news conference at 2pm, but here’s what’s in the transfer rumour columns this morning;

- Football Fancast website report Everton is about to launch a £30m bid for Newcastle captain, Jamaal Lascelles. The Toffees are hoping to capitalise on uncertainty over Rafael Benitez’s future by securing the defender.

- According to SkySports, Besiktas are interested in signing Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. The Turkish club are understood to want the 25 year old on an initial loan deal.

- VitalFootball website say Birmingham City want Everton’s 20 year old winger, Ademola Lookman, on loan for the 18/19 season.

- SportsLens suggest West Ham are leading the pursuit to sign Arsenal midfielder, Jack Wilshere, who has also been of interest to Everton.

- 4th Official say Everton are interested in signing 29 year old Danish international winger, Daniel Wass. The Celta de Vigo player is valued at £5m by the Spanish outfit.

- The BootRoom website speculate that Marcel Brands might have been on a scouting mission to watch Marcelo Brozovic during yesterday’s Croatia v Brazil game at Anfield. Everton were linked with the Inter Milan midfielder in the January transfer window.

- Hirving Lozano continues to be mentioned as a potential target for Everton in this transfer window. Fresh reports from Holland and Mexico suggest Everton is the most likely destination if the 22 year old winger leaves PSV.

- According to The Mirror, Brighton will rival Everton for the signature of £5m rated, 20 year old Charlton Centre Back, Ezri Konsa.
Much appreciated as usual. Hopefully things will start to happen after the much awaited press conference.... we'll see

...Monday 4th June and it’s the Brands/Silva news conference at 2pm, but here’s what’s in the transfer rumour columns this morning;

- Football Fancast website report Everton is about to launch a £30m bid for Newcastle captain, Jamaal Lascelles. The Toffees are hoping to capitalise on uncertainty over Rafael Benitez’s future by securing the defender.

- According to SkySports, Besiktas are interested in signing Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. The Turkish club are understood to want the 25 year old on an initial loan deal.

- VitalFootball website say Birmingham City want Everton’s 20 year old winger, Ademola Lookman, on loan for the 18/19 season.

- SportsLens suggest West Ham are leading the pursuit to sign Arsenal midfielder, Jack Wilshere, who has also been of interest to Everton.

- 4th Official say Everton are interested in signing 29 year old Danish international winger, Daniel Wass. The Celta de Vigo player is valued at £5m by the Spanish outfit.

- The BootRoom website speculate that Marcel Brands might have been on a scouting mission to watch Marcelo Brozovic during yesterday’s Croatia v Brazil game at Anfield. Everton were linked with the Inter Milan midfielder in the January transfer window.

- Hirving Lozano continues to be mentioned as a potential target for Everton in this transfer window. Fresh reports from Holland and Mexico suggest Everton is the most likely destination if the 22 year old winger leaves PSV.

- According to The Mirror, Brighton will rival Everton for the signature of £5m rated, 20 year old Charlton Centre Back, Ezri Konsa.

As if Lookman would go to Birmingham on loan ! Pfft

Got to have a good season - if we're overpaying for the likes of Lascelles it's because that's the best we can attract right now.

Paying double the value of average players isn't a sustainable business model.

We should get a discount...

"On 22 January 2014, Everton were fined £45,000 by the FA over an "unauthorised approach" to Lascelles in 2010 while he was still a youth player at Nottingham Forest. Lascelles was warned as to his future conduct."

Oh, and Bring a Blue Home!

Got to have a good season - if we're overpaying for the likes of Lascelles it's because that's the best we can attract right now.

Paying double the value of average players isn't a sustainable business model.

Lascelles is a very good player. Strong and fast, decent on the ball and a good leader. Personally I think he would be worth every penny of the 30M touted.

We should get a discount...

"On 22 January 2014, Everton were fined £45,000 by the FA over an "unauthorised approach" to Lascelles in 2010 while he was still a youth player at Nottingham Forest. Lascelles was warned as to his future conduct."

Oh, and Bring a Blue Home!
Oh I remember that story. Didn’t realise it was him though.

Lascelles is a very good player. Strong and fast, decent on the ball and a good leader. Personally I think he would be worth every penny of the 30M touted.

Overpaying by a third in my view and the status of the player is an indication of where we are at - cherry picking from clubs down the league for punts that we hope improve/fit in due to league experience, rather than going for established top quality players.

I'm not against it but I'm also worried by it. We don't have unlimited money after all - £30m isn't exactly the new £10m from a few years back just yet.

Absolutely no way a paper specifically names 2 players in having a bust up without there being some back story at the minimum behind it. Those calling BS have as much credible evidence as myself calling it 'gospel'.

If we are to go anywhere this year we need the club united from fans to the ownership. Get rid of the bad apples in the dressing room (mirallas, Rooney, Niasse, Williams) along with those hanging around not involved (klaassan, sandro, vlasic, besic) and get everyone pulling together.

Not massively sure I'd throw Rooney in the "bad apples" bracket.

I'd agree with Williams and Kev though.

Dressing room presence is something Rooney would have certainly added to over the season, I just can't see him being an instigator. Only potentially when Sam started playing 5 at the back in winnable games maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back