Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt sell him unless it was for a fair bit over £10mil

His versatility if nothing else is very important + English and of course can be in the squad 10 years.

Yeah seems like a good lad to have around, can play all over the place, but it could be the case that goes against him, most teams prefer somebody who has a fixed role in the squad these days, nobody seems to know what his best position is. Hard to say without having a proper look at him at a higher level than hes played at so far.

Things I know...

...Lozano is good. Not because he had a great game today, but because he's been outstanding for PSV, Mexico, and Pachuca before that.

Chucky is also versatile. He can play as a true wing and as a central attacker.

Mexico's front 3 includes a right back, Layun, and Carlos Vela, who is absoutely still good. He was no slouch at Real Sociedad, even if he never really made it at Arsenal. Lookman absolutely doesn't get into that side ahead of Chucky or Vela.

Lookman is going to be a contributor next year, but to ask him to start a left inside forward, is not the best idea UNLESS we are buying a stud left back, a stud box-to-box player, and an elite center back.

Sigurdsson is not an 8, should never play 8, and the idea that we should take our most creative midfielder and make him play a position he's never EVER played before is just absurd. We paid money for him to score and set up goals. Like he's done at EVERY team he's ever been with. He should be the pivot in Silva's middle 3. It's the perfect position for him.
Things I know. Herrera would be a defect midfielder for us. If only...

I appreciate swap deals don't happen , but if they did, shouldn't we be thinking toward swapping some of our dross for some quality? Perhaps on a 3:1 or 4:1 basis to really tempt some of the big 6 into releasing some of their stars...

I appreciate swap deals don't happen , but if they did, shouldn't we be thinking toward swapping some of our dross for some quality? Perhaps on a 3:1 or 4:1 basis to really tempt some of the big 6 into releasing some of their stars...

Why would the top 6 want to give up a star player for 4 players that would never be good enough for their team?

...it’s Monday 18th June and here’s this morning’s transfer gossip;

- According to SkySports News, Leicester City have agreed a fee with Everton target, James Maddison, and the 21 year old will undergo a medical in coming days.

- German outlet, Sportbuzzer, say reports yesterday that Everton have bid for Hannover striker, Niclas Füllkrug, are false. Everton have apparently made no offer for the 25 year old.

- The Liverpool Echo suggest Everton are plotting a move for young Sheffield Wednesday striker, George Hirst. The 6ft 3in Centre Forward has not signed a new contract with the Owls and made just one first team appearance during the 16/17 season. David Unsworth has highlighted the 19 year old as somebody he wants to bring to Goodison this summer.

- The Star say Hertha Berlin’s 26 year old Left Back, Marvin Plattenhardt, will join Everton in a £16m deal after this summers World Cup.

- The Daily Post suggest Manchester United could make a shock move for out-of-contract Arsenal midfielder, Jack Wilshire. The Daily Mail report Everton, Wolves and West Ham have all offered the 26 year old a deal.

It's nothing like Fred - who is a squad player for Brazil. It's unlikely any good performance would have commanded a bigger fee.

United have also been tracking Fred since January. We have only just appointed our coaching staff.

Lozano is Mexico's bright young talent and the Eredivise's best attacker. Why would PSV cash in before he could do something like score a great goal against the World Champions.

I don't think anyone is falling over the club, it's just been realistic. And yes, realistically we need to shift players because we have a massive squad. What's new there? Everyone knows it...
Not quite everyone it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.