Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You speak about West Ham’s good window in the ‘other teams transfer window’ thread and you get accused of being a hammers fan in there (I did!) I think the general rule throughout the whole forum is that you cannot talk positively about any other club.

General rule is that you can’t talk positively about Everton. Bigging up other teams is normally encouraged.

People are assuming that because West Ham are spending vast amounts of money on players that it will go the way we did last season.

Think that is a big assumption to be making. Pelegrín is a clever manager. They could easily out-do us this season.

We need to get a move on making improvements to our average squad, and fast.

Standing still is regressing in a league full of teams who are prepared to invest heavily.

People are assuming that because West Ham are spending vast amounts of money on players that it will go the way we did last season.

Think that is a big assumption to be making. Pelegrín is a clever manager. They could easily out-do us this season.

Standing still is regressing in a league full of teams who are prepared to invest heavily.

It also looks like they won’t have to finance it with major player sales like we have to

We didn't have 'everything' last summer though. It was just a middle-of-the-road spending spree in the Premier League, most of which came from selling our best player.

West Ham are having a similar middle-of-the-road spending spree this summer. It's the type of thing that you expect from mid-table clubs like Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Palace etc.

I don't know whether their fans convince themselves that all of their expenditure is being met by their owners though, that might just be an Everton thing.

We do like to overthink situations and explore every angle don't we.

Perhaps the fans would be happier with a more pro-active shifting of the dead wood but then you'd have expected that to have happened during the world cup, so that money could be spent now it's over.

The sun has got his hat on, hip hip hooray :hayee:

Outs mean we'll finish 10th? We just finished 8th with this squad.
So, are you saying we will finish 8th with departures from the squad and with no additions? Because if you are then that makes two major assumptions, the first being that the teams around us will not improve and the second being that the players we are left with won't decline in ability in that time frame. They seem like big assumptions to me and @Sir Alan 's prediction of 10th seems pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Thankfully, I think we will sign a small number of new players and this conversation will be moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.