Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

aM3VF20A8eM7mNIM-tzo7wVSbZs=.gif

Sadly, from everything ive seen, he doesnt really do defence.

But hey, havent we wanted a manager like him for years? Attack, attack and attack.
For me his tactics are similar to klopps. Win possession high up the pitch with a high press and transition quickly into attacks on goal. Unfortunately upto now we haven’t had the personnel that the kopites have to do the attacking bit but hopefully with Richarlison Walcott lookman it will improve. But going back to your point the problem is with that style it can look at times like very little work is done on defensive work​

For me his tactics are similar to klopps. Win possession high up the pitch with a high press and transition quickly into attacks on goal. Unfortunately upto now we haven’t had the personnel that the kopites have to do the attacking bit but hopefully with Richarlison Walcott lookman it will improve. But going back to your point the problem is with that style it can look at times like very little work is done on defensive work​

I agree, very similar to Plopp and thats the issue with the high press, its very exposed to counter attacking and it requires supreme amounts of tactical and positional awareness, if just 1 player is lazy getting back into his transition it exposes the whole defensive shape.

I’d rather prioritise our attack than the defence.

Silva won’t neglect our defence anyway, the signing of Richarlison is an indication of that but after the [Poor language removed] we got served up last year by a defensive minded manager, I couldn’t go through that again.

It was tedious, just have a go and go down fighting if you’re going to lose.

with the right personel though, there isnt' reason for it not to work defensively too. I think it's become a lazy cliche, especially in the PL, to knock counter-pressing teams as being poor defensively. We certainly where not. Where we as good as more possession or deeper defending teams who had defense first tactic? No of course not. But then counterpressing teams tend to be attack minded, and play on the front foot and take a few more risks. You have to give a little to take a little! But with a good defensive midfielder who is strong aerially and can win the ball and move it quickly, and a settled tactically strong defence, no reason that both ends of the pitch are not looked after. IT often is about getting the right players, and that doesn't always happen in one or two windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back