Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sam bless him was the first major coach to have revealed this couple of years back.
Tbh, i have never sat and had a proper go on it only a quick 10 mins on a lunch break one day, i really would like to sit down and spend and a couple of hours on it but can never find the time. Some of the people i work with who teach on the actual football coaching degree say it is an amazing bit of kit.

Ok, now you are just getting silly. The once in a generational talent that no one from outside the SPL wants to buy for 25M? Digne has every bit the pedigree that Tierney has and frankly, when Digne was Tierney's age, he was every bit as hyped as Tierney was.

And there's no way Tierny is as strong on the ball as Digne is, nor do I think he's as good off the ball. Keep in mind, Digne started at RB for a whole season with Roma and did rather well. Tierney playing a couple games in the CL and dominating the SPL isn't all that impressive. I like him, but to call him a generational talent when he's likely not in the top 20 RBs in the world right now, is just ridiculous.
I meant in the context of the jelavic comparison. I have friends that work in Celtics academy and he is considered a once in a generation talent in Scotland. To suggest the price people will or won't pay in the utter madness that is the transfer market as a gauge is in my opinion even more silly.

Tbh, i have never sat and had a proper go on it only a quick 10 mins on a lunch break one day, i really would like to sit down and spend and a couple of hours on it but can never find the time. Some of the people i work with who teach on the actual football coaching degree say it is an amazing bit of kit.

it is, technically...some of it would be recognisable to deep footie-sim players.

but it's arguably made the coaches and scouts lazy, burying their heads in data on a screen all day instead of getting out there to watch players proper.

Again I've seen enough of both to form my opinion, my level of education football or otherwise has nothing to do with it. You must be a pleasure to live with sweetheart
You might have only seen them play for 2 mins to have an opinion, and that’s fine. But to know without any doubt that one is vastly better in every way is impossible.

The problem with dealing with foreign clubs now is they aren't under pressure to sell until the end of August, where now the window closes early here it's harder to convince them to sell when we are desperate. It will probably be chaos on deadline day and we will be panic loaning a few from the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back