Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we might do some late business that will at least shore us up at the back, which should hopefully stabalise us in the top half.

if not, then we are really struggling.

the only reason Allardyce got us up the table is cos we literally had 11 defenders on the pitch.

as we know, Silva does not play that way. I cant see this squad being anywhere near to be able to play in the silva style.

I think we might do some late business that will at least shore us up at the back, which should hopefully stabalise us in the top half.

the only reason Allardyce got us up the table is cos we literally had 11 defenders on the pitch.

as we know, Silva does not play that way. I cant see this squad being anywhere near to be able to play in the silva style.

tenor.gif

not literally literally tho!

Digne is done.

Silva wants a CB, CM, Winger and Striker before the window closes.

Top targets are Mina, Loftus-Cheek and Batshuayi.

If we end up with them 3 and a new winger plus digne and richarlison then we'll comfortably finish 7th again :D

Aside from Digne's confirmation, we really could do with another two arriving by Friday, but that seems hopelessly unlikely.

By the weekend there will just be an inevitable slide towards deadline day, and getting business done then.

I still hope we'll get another three in (Digne aside) but as the deadline looms it becomes a bigger ask by the day.

TDD really is an absolute horror show and a total lottery. It seems almost nailed on now that we'll go into the day needing two, three, four players. We'll do business I'm sure but hard to escape a sense of impending and crushing disappointment in having to do business in this free-for-all, and the random outcome of such. It makes a mockery of planning, meetings, targets etc.

No doubt Brands will point to several very legitimate and mitigating circumstances in the post-mortem, but I believe both he and Silva are finding it tougher than expected.

We could do with a few left-field signings at the very least, in the absence of being able to attract some more established targets.

Really is a critical period, our whole season rests on the outcome of the next 10 days.

As much as i'm worried about the next week or so. I can't see Brands and Silva being as stupid as Walsh/Koeman. I think they'll get in the players we need.

Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back