Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's a bit like the cliched scene in war movies where one soldier on sentry duty turns to another and mutters "it's quiet tonight....maybe...maybe too quiet..."

Only the sage observers, but what this thread delivers, and does so entertainingly, is the whipsawing observations teetering between "Brands and Silva Out! We should have had no fewer than 12 in the day after the World Cup ended!" to "Look at the brass balls on these two, I'd not be surprised if they had a deadline day loan for Messi in the works." We're approaching peak window, and it will not fail to deliver.

It's got nothing to do with his ethnicity mate

I'd feel the same if he was Shanno Duffelez from Puerto Rico

I like big combative centre halfs. Always have. We're missing some steel in our back line, something that Duffy would inject

Pair him up with a more technical player like Holgate and we'd have the best of both worlds

Mickey you were 100% right about VVD and we should have all accepted your wisdom at that time but , in my humble opinion , you are completely wrong about Shane.

A big lump of a centre half must have either technical ability or good pace to go with combative skills.

Although some idiots on here deride Harry Maguire he clearly has decent ability ( but no pace ). Zouma is an example of good physicality with pace but limited ability.

Duffy is an old school rough house centre half who reminds me of two Gerrys ( both Irish ) , Taggart and Mc Elhinney.

You can't get away with such a centre half , Shawcross is another example , in the modern game. When VAR comes in properly defenders who defend like Duffy and Shawcross will , thankfully , be finished.

FWIW I think Mina is in a very similar mould and I will consider it a bullet dodged if we don't sign him.

Number of promotions to the Premier League for Brighton without Shane Duffy - 0

Number of promotions to the Premier League for Brighton with Shane Duffy - 1

Do the math mate

We're getting promoted!!!

tumblr_nhvagu2cnq1qm7cjco1_500.gif

Only the sage observers, but what this thread delivers, and does so entertainingly, is the whipsawing observations teetering between "Brands and Silva Out! We should have had no fewer than 12 in the day after the World Cup ended!" to "Look at the brass balls on these two, I'd not be surprised if they had a deadline day loan for Messi in the works." We're approaching peak window, and it will not fail to deliver.
...it rarely doesn't SN, it rarely doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back