Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
An over the hill Rooney scored 10 in half a season last year. I'd be wanting our main striker to be bagging 20 with the right service this season.
Mate. very very few strikers score 20 goals plus in a premier season. Think Rooney only managed it twice in about 15 attempts. Lukaku has only done it once in 6 attempts. The ones that have managed it in the last 10 years have all been top draw strikers. Rooney had a lot of penalties in that tally last season and, at the end of the day, still only ended up with 10.

If Tosun can get north of 15 goals next season I think that would be a great return. Last season 15 goals would put him 7th, on a par with Firmino and behind Salah, Kane, Aguero, Vardey, Sterling and Lukaku. With the exception of Vardey, all of those players would probably cost £100m in the current market. To expect more from a £20/30m striker like Tosun is unfair.

We sometimes talk about 20 goal strikers like they were sweets.

Screenshot_20180803-114627__01.webp

https://cbsnews.us/2018/08/3/West-H...tLzgzOTEvODUwODgwMTg1OV9iODI2YmJmNGJhX3ouanBn

Sorry @Eggs..

... sorry everyone

But Brands is swanning around Europe in his man from Delmonte suit doing very little, according to the bedwetters. A couple more ins and outs, and I would say it's been a very productive window.
It's all going as well as could be expected and at a fairly comfortable yet persistant rate for someone who is systematically trying to do the right thing whilst implementing a clear plan.

Get a couple more players in that fill the problem positions and who fit in with what we want and we should be quite happy with this window. It's a big if though. We might need to start thinking over 3 or 4 windows to work out how Brands is going about our business.

Wasn’t it suggested earlier in his career that one day Rodwell would eventually move into a CB position. Maybe Marco has a secret plan :-/

The more I think about this, the more I’m struggling to accept that @Eggs is going to leave us in the lurch at this critical phase.
Very selfish behaviour this Eggsy; holidays aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, your updates will be hard to beat, disgusting that you’ve broken this news to us on a fry-day, don’t eggnore me as I’ll miss your hencyclopedic transfer knowledge....

It's not quite the same when you highlight each joke tnh

Pickford (GK)
Robles (GK) ❌
Stekelenberg (GK)
Coleman (RB)
Kenny (RB)
Martina (RB) ❄️
Digne (LB) ⬅️
Baines (LB)
Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
Robinson (LB) ❌ (loan)
Jagielka (CB)
Williams (CB) ❌ (loan - contract expired)
Keane (CB)
Funes Mori (CB) ❌
Holgate (CB)
Pennington (CB)
Browning (CB)
Galloway (CB)
Gueye (DM)
Baningime (DM)
Schneiderlin (DM)
McCarthy (DM)
Besic (DM)
Connolly (DM)
Klaassen (CM) ❌
Davies (CM)
Rooney (AM) ❌
Sigurdsson (AM)
Dowell (AM)
Tarashaj (AM) ❌ (loan)
Vlasic (RW) ❄️
Walcott (RW)
Sandro (RW)
Richarlison (LW) ⬅️
Lookman (LW)
Bolasie (LW)
Mirallas (LW) ❄️
Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
Tosun (ST)
Calvert-Lewin (ST)
Niasse (ST)

FROZEN ICONS ADDED

In: 2 (Richarlison, Digne)

Frozen: 3 (Vlasic, Mirallas, Martina)

Out: 9 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Klaassen, Williams, Robinson)

Current Total: 29 + 3 frozen 32
I like these lists but when someone goes on a permanent basis could you put a line through their name ?
Much more dramatic and illustrative

Who is Christopher Jullien? Any good?

Looks a big grock ala Mina. Maybe that's what they're looking for?

Think it's exactly what we need tbh, we're a small team with small centre backs hence the goals from set pieces we keep conceding.

We need a grock, alongside a pacey centre back and then ideally a tall centre mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back