Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, Bernard, Mina, Zouma on loan and Gomez and we have had a mindblowing window considering where we were at.

First 11:

Pick
Coleman Zouma, Mina, Digne
Gueye Siggy
Bernard
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Off bench and fighting for first 11: Gomez, Lookman, Dowell, DCL, Niasse, possibly Sandro off bench is weak but January can help fix that.

No reason that first 11 couldn't beat anyone.

Which Gomez are we linked with mate?

Not really - the plan should have been to sign a couple of functional defenders at the bare minimum - we haven't done that

My point exactly, they have been pursuing CBs all along, even if they if the dont get them, at least they have identified the problem and are trying to resolve.

For too ;long wedid not even rccognise our problems.

Sign no centre backs and we finish second coz we’re like Newcastle under keegan. We’ll be everyone’s second favourite team and we’ll average 7 goals a game and be first on motd every week.
Sign a centre back and we are next seasons champions league winners.

Guaranteed.

It's a good window if Mina, Bernard and Gomes can come in but let's take just a minute it's hardly
829728270-612x612.webp

Things are moving very quickly, as they tend to (but even with that shift there's been a lot of turbulence.

I think we will take Mina to the deadline. I think we will get him but Brands is very willing to chance it. I also think that we will look to the free transfer market (which can be signed after August 9th) if it fails. It seems a very obvious and simple way to do things, but something that has been missing for a long time from the club. Maybe Brands has the confidence and connections to do it, so it's now an option for us? If we get Mina and nobody else, I still think you may see a move for an out of contract player like the Mexican lad Diego come in.

There will be lots of teams trying to throw lads out. We may get lucky. Many have spoken at the fire sale at Everton, but fortunately we moved a lot out early enough to have wriggle room. The fee for Bolasie and Besic is again fantastic. Maybe Vlasic moves on loan (which would be good) though I hope he patches it up with Silva.

I'd be very happy with Zouma on loan, and Lascelles if you could push Newcastle down on 50 towards 30 million could be a good buy. Again as above as teams get desperate don't be surprised if some start to buckle and take very low offers.

I think it will be a good deadline day. Maybe something completely out of left field, like a Defensive midfielder and Schneiderlin moved on. Seems there are some clubs interested in him. Buckle in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back