Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina and Bernard in
I'm putting all my money on us messing up any more incomings, we always do!

Outgoing: Besic, Bolasie and possibly Mola. But most likely just the first two. Excluding loans for youngsters, chance for someone like Connolly or Dowell to go.

We need 2 central defenders, if we do not get them we are truly in the crap. So I am guessing 3 (2 central defenders and Bernard) in and hopefully about 6 out (more deadwood)

Our strength in depth is still appalling, which is why we desperately need people through the door today, and also as many deadwood players out as possible.

Backup in goal is appalling with Stekelenberg.

Backup at full back is probably ok with Kenny and Baines both able to do a job.

Backup in centre defence is literally Keane and Holgate and nobody else, one of whom has proven himself completely out of depth at this level.

Backup in central midfield is literally crocks McCarthy and Besic and three youngsters: Davies and Dowell and Baningime.

McCarthy is always 5 games away from a serious injury, Davies looks like a lost child on the field, nobody knows about the other two other than they may have some potential.

Backup on the wings is literally Bolasie and Vlasic, both of whom imo have proven themselves to be completely out of depth at this level.

Backup up top is DCL and Niasse. One cannot score goals, the other is a decent option off the bench.

In an injury crisis, can you imagine us lining up with 5/6 of those players in our starting XI? Utterly terrifying. I want Martina, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Besic gone today and two centre backs and a creative central midfielder brought in.

Zouma, Mina and Gomes will do the job. Make it happen!

Andy Hunter on the Guardian deadline day page.

Bernard completed his medical at Everton’s Finch Farm training base last night and, barring any last-minute hitches, should be confirmed as the club’s latest signing this morning. The Brazil international is expected to sign a lucrative five-year contract having allowed his contract with Shakhtar Donetsk to expire at the end of last season. He is unlikely to be the only arrival at Everton today. The club have been trying to prise Yerry Mina from Barcelona for at least six weeks now and, despite interest from Lyon and links with Manchester United, negotiations to sign the towering Colombia international are continuing. Marco Silva is desperate for central defensive reinforcement and ideally would like another in that department alongside Mina. Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma is one option.

Would be properly shocked if we get more than Bernard and a centre back.

Wouldn't be surprised if we fail to get a centre back at all.

If we get 3/4 I then that's a sign that things are genuinely changing with how we are being run.

In an injury crisis, can you imagine us lining up with 5/6 of those players in our starting XI? Utterly terrifying.
Not to be facetious, however wasn't that close enough our starting XI at times last season? I totally agree with your point but rightfully the starting XI is a priority.

We've got to realise that to reverse the mistakes made by previous managers et al. will take a few transfer windows, as we need to really add in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back