Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe...but Something weird is going on.

£60m net spend isn’t outrageous though. Particularly if you consider there has been another increase in the tv rights deal. If we’d manage to sell Besic and Bolasie who both appear to be surplus to requirements then net spend would’ve been under £50m.

I can’t say it wasn’t expected.

I’m not sure what impact the new signings has on the wage bill but getting Sandro and Bolasie off it will help lower it further.

£60m net spend isn’t outrageous though. Particularly if you consider there has been another increase in the tv rights deal. If we’d manage to sell Besic and Bolasie who both appear to be surplus to requirements then net spend would’ve been under £50m.

I can’t say it wasn’t expected.

I’m not sure what impact the new signings has on the wage bill but getting Sandro and Bolasie off it will help lower it further.
See your reasoning and I agree but still theres Something that draws these players in...just makes imagination running wild

Massively agree. I think it this point it's safe to say Moshiri has tried to do what's best for Everton. He's made some missteps but I like where we're heading.

I mean bobby needed to go and really the only mistake he has made was appointing Walsh and Ronnie,

Rite, just woke up and re-read the last few pages of this thread...it wasn't a dream last nite..... so looking forward to the season starting. It might take us a couple of weeks for the players to settle in but im looking forward to proving a few of them knobhead sky blerts wrong.... COYFB FTRS....

And at the time we all seemed fairly happy with those appointments.
That is a fair point and at the moment I am happy enough with Brands and Silva but if I had to guess on one being here in 3 years it would be Brands. Obviously we haven't seen enough of Silva but Brands seems to know how to do the deals and should be valuable in that role

Loving the way the Sky pundits are begrudingly saying its been a good window for us. Merson saying (I believe) we spoilt the window by paying £40m for Richarlison is a bit baffling. You pay what you have to pay really. Chelsea paid £71m for an up and coming young keeper. Nothing said there like.
They just don't want us anywhere near the clique at the top.

Last edited:

That total of 34 is too big especially with Zouma probably joining tomorrow.

We need to offload:
Martina
Bolasie
Besic
Browning
Galloway

And loan out for the future/increasing value:
Vlasic
Dowell
Baningime
Pennington
Sandro OR DCL - they won’t both get enough game time

I’d hope that Brands can get a couple of them out on loan to some decent sides across Europe.

That brings us down to a squad of 25.

There’s a number of players that we should be looking at offloading in January including:
  • Jags - he’s been great for us but at his age it’s best to move him on if the other CBs kick on.
  • McCarthy - if we can keep him fit for more than 5 matches, that’s a £20m asset to sell in January.
  • Morgan - there’s a chance that this revamped side could bring him back to form but if not we should try to shift him while he has any value. He’s probably worth £25m in today’s market despite his poor form.
Good summary.
Agree with all off the offloads. Add Schneiderlin to that list for me.
Jags? Yes. Time to call it a day very soon.
McCarthy. Yes get him fit, probably be sold by summer of 2019.
Those listed as potential loans? Pennington, Sandro and Vlasic to go out for me.
Of course, it won't all happen by 31 August but by this time next year we'll see those changes taking effect. I've got trust in Brands at this moment in time. A good start for him. Hope it continues.

And the sneering dismissive attitude of the impartial BBC continues.
Commenting on Everton's activity on TDD the commentator said the smart work was done by RS City and Arsenal who avoided the ungainly scurrying around at the last moment.

See your reasoning and I agree but still theres Something that draws these players in...just makes imagination running wild

there must be a new source of income at Everton, because before, even with Moshiri, we would defo of had to offload Sandro, Bolasie and probly schneiderlin in order to sign gomes, bernard and zouma, I know 2 are only loans but the wages will have a huge impact on our finances, esp still having to pay Sandro and the like, who aren't even going to get a game now you'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.