Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous
I accept that I probably under value Gana. And it’s because I don’t think he’s nowhere near good enough for us to challenge the top 4. But a lot of fans on here are so the other way. Making out he’s a superstar
He is a superstar, he’s literally the best tackler in the entire PL. He’s one of the best ball winning mids on the planet. If you don’t like the role or position, fine. But that’s like saying Sigurdsson stinks because he doesn’t hold the ball.

He is a superstar, he’s literally the best tackler in the entire PL. He’s one of the best ball winning mids on the planet. If you don’t like the role or position, fine. But that’s like saying Sigurdsson stinks because he doesn’t hold the ball.
Very pleased he plays for us, he is Mr Perpetual Motion.

First of all, his passing isn’t shocking, it’s actually quite good. It’s just a complete myth. Does he have AMAZING passing range? No, but he does move it forward, his pass completion rate is high, he doesn’t give it away often, as a ball winning defensive midfielder, he’s more than acceptable in terms of his offensive contributions and support. The fact that you think he’s terrified to move it forward is laughable. He shows plenty initiative and engine.

Second of all, you are judging him as a CM. That’s not his position. For his position, he’s outstanding. There’s literally no one else in the league better at winning the ball back and disrupting play than him.

Third of all, he’s certainly our most important player, which is why he needs to play. Some posters here don’t think so, which is madness. But yes, agreed that’s a function of bad backups like Morgan.

Lastly, this player that can do what he does defensively and contribute the way you want offensively doesn’t exist. Gana is better than every one of them defensively. So why for some is that something we just take for granted? It’s just bizarre.
Firstly an hour ago you said he was our best player, so I fully expect you to praise him highly, which you certainly do.

Jordon Henderson has high pass completion stats every season , but hardly ever gets an assist. And Gana hasn’t really been playing as a DM fir the last 2yrs that’s been Schneiderlin’s job. Gana has been more advanced. So maybe you can show us proof of his excellent passing. As you would expect him to have decent stats regarding
Key passes, creating chances and getting assists.

I know your answer will be that’s not his job.
But at least it will prove your point or maybe my point.

Moving forward I don’t see him as a defensive midfielder and I doubt silva/Brands do. He may be very good at tackling, but he lacks composure. Evident at Bournemouth when we came under pressure in the last 20mins. Constantly giving it away. Just hoofing it anywhere. If you have faults in your game they will be exaggerated under pressure.

Also it’s only a few weeks ago him Davies got dominated by noble & Obiang
I doubt he will be in our first 11 this time next season. When silva gets the number 6 he wants and the box to box midfielder to go with him.

One last point when he left Lille at his peak, he joined a relagation team in villa. Then he left them for a mid table side fir 7mil. If he was really that good I would have expected him to go for more than that. And a few top sides being in for him.

That’s because Morgan snchniederfraud is playing mate. Ganas passing is shocking, and I don’t give a crap if he can pass the ball back to the gk and cb 90% of the time without making a mistake. Offensively it’s like playing with a man short, is actually go as far as saying , rather than just not contributing in attack, he actually stops moves as he’s terrified to pass forward and moves break down and opponents can get in position. He should be our Cm and he can break up play and all that but he’s not our best player. Maybe he makes the biggest difference to the team, because when he doesn’t play our CM is Davies and Morgan, but them being crap doesn’t mean gana is our best player. Gana doesn’t look “to good for us” digne, Bernard and richy all stand out and look like they could play a team in the top 6 . They are our best players atm
Bahahahahhapwahahahhahahahhaa lol

Firstly an hour ago you said he was our best player, so I fully expect you to praise him highly, which you certainly do.

Jordon Henderson has high pass completion stats every season , but hardly ever gets an assist. And Gana hasn’t really been playing as a DM fir the last 2yrs that’s been Schneiderlin’s job. Gana has been more advanced. So maybe you can show us proof of his excellent passing. As you would expect him to have decent stats regarding
Key passes, creating chances and getting assists.

I know your answer will be that’s not his job.
But at least it will prove your point or maybe my point.

Moving forward I don’t see him as a defensive midfielder and I doubt silva/Brands do. He may be very good at tackling, but he lacks composure. Evident at Bournemouth when we came under pressure in the last 20mins. Constantly giving it away. Just hoofing it anywhere. If you have faults in your game they will be exaggerated under pressure.

Also it’s only a few weeks ago him Davies got dominated by noble & Obiang
I doubt he will be in our first 11 this time next season. When silva gets the number 6 he wants and the box to box midfielder to go with him.

One last point when he left Lille at his peak, he joined a relagation team in villa. Then he left them for a mid table side fir 7mil. If he was really that good I would have expected him to go for more than that. And a few top sides being in for him.
He went for 7mil due to a relegation release clause. So that's not exactly the point.

Gana is very good. He'll be in the team next year, we need to replace the midfielders around him with better ones.

I think you are massively underrating Gana’s defensive abilities if you think Busquets or Matic make the same defensive contributions as Gana. Busquets is completely over the hill IMO.

Garth Barry was also so slow at the end of his tenure here he could’ve been the best passer in the world he shouldn’t have played. He made it singlehandedly difficult for us to defend anyone.
I'm not massively underrating anything mate. I never said either Busquets or Matic were better or as good as Gana defensively. In fact I said there were very few around as good as him in that regard. I just put those names forward as examples of DMs who are equally as good with or without the ball. Which they are. And what's the Barry comment about?. I gave him as an example of somebody good on the ball but not so good off it. Get off your pedestal man. My post was defending the guy. You're becoming paranoid and seeing thing that don't exist.

Busquets best years may be behind him now, but for 10 years he's been at the very top of the game as regards the worlds best defensive midfielders. If you think comparing Gana to him is massively underrating Gana, I really think it's a case of you overrating Gana rather than the other way around.

He went for 7mil due to a relegation release clause. So that's not exactly the point.

Gana is very good. He'll be in the team next year, we need to replace the midfielders around him with better ones.
How much did he cost villa the year before. Also that just strengthens the argument. 7 mil for a 27yr old world class player. The top teams Should have been all over him like flies round s***

How much did he cost villa the year before. Also that just strengthens the argument. 7 mil for a 27yr old world class player. The top teams Should have been all over him like flies round s***
He's very very good at what he does well, which is mainly work done when we don't have the ball, i.e winning it back.

Most of the top teams don't really want or need this type of player because they are generally used to dominating possession. They will be looking for a DM who is more rounded.

We are not in that position yet so we still need him in my opinion. We still need to improve the players around him so that he can concentrate on what he does well, but I'm hoping that Mina and Gomes may bring this to the table.

As Silva's squad develops, hopefully we too will have more need for a more rounded DM, but say that takes another 2 years we'd have been looking to replace him anyway by that stage.

Thing is Tel, you can't win sometimes. There are very few DMs around better than Gana at tackling, interceptions and closing down. DMs that are better at passing and linking play, like an in form Schneids or Barry, or dare I say William Carvalho, don't do the dirty side very well. Then you get the ones that are equally good at both sides, like Kante, Busquets, Matic. There's not many of them about and they won't come to Everton.

Our problem at the moment, in my humble opinionlol, is not Gana, it's the players around him. We don't have a midfielder who can link the defence to the attack, somebody who is a decent passer of the ball and can also carry it when required. A BTB type if you like. Also, we don't have a central defender who can pass/bring the ball out of defence effectively. I thought Mason would be able to do that but his passing is nowhere near good enough at the moment, plus he showed his inexperience defensively against West Ham. Mina may prove to be that player fingers crossed. Gomes may also prove to be the playmaking central midfielder we need.

So, the situation we have, there are 3 ways we can try to rectify it.

1) We buy a top class defensive midfielder who can do everything. Good luck there.

2) We can buy a deep lying playmaking midfielder. But we will still need somebody with good legs alongside him, like Gana or McCarthy to do the defensive covering for him. We then have to forego that BTB type player.

3) If Mina and Gomes can bring what we need, we can just let Gana do what he is good at. Covering the back 4 and winning the ball back. He won't need to build up play from the back because we have other's that can do that and he won't need to be the link to the attack. He'll basically just be required to do what he's good at. Very good at in fact.

If Mina and/or Gomes don't work out then bring somebody else in to replace them. But personally, I have a good feeling about both of them.

I was only disagreed with someone when they said he was our best player. He’s not gash, he’s just gash going forward

I was only disagreed with someone when they said he was our best player. He’s not gash, he’s just gash going forward
I wouldn't say he was gash going forward, just not particularly good.

But you don't have to be good at everything to be an important player for the team. And whether Gana is more important than Coleman, or Siggy or Bernard or whoever is something that surely a matter of opinion and open to discussion.

But you don't have to be good at everything to be an important player for the team. And whether Gana is more important than Coleman, or Siggy or Bernard or whoever is something that surely a matter of opinion and open to discussion.
Nobody. I mean Nobody, is more important than Bernard.

To me at least, he's pretty good for the team too.

I said he is important , because it stops Morgan playing , but he’s not our best player.

Nobody. I mean Nobody, is more important than Bernard.

To me at least, he's pretty good for the team too.

A little premature after a couple of games. Undoubtedly he could be that, but let's see him over 20-30 games before we decide he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Always too much over-reaction on here. One player is pants and the other a god one week and vice versa the next. I'd just like a little consistency from players, try their hardest every game and leave nothing on the pitch. They are paid enough to do this, I have to give everything for my annual salary and some of those boys earn more in a week than I do in a year. Simple really, just do your job and the rewards will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back