Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually amazed that you got THAT MUCH WRONG in a single post.

1. Davies didn't play in the West Ham match. My guess is you didn't watch it. Morgan did, and he was a complete liability as usual. Gana didn't give the ball away, we dominated possession, had way more opportunities, and just didn't convert. It's not Gana's fault Pickford gave a ball away. But nice try, though.

Wasn't that also the match Gana played a 60 yarder right on DCL's foot that he couldn't convert?

2. Gana went for 7M because he had a relegation release clause.That's why it was 7M.

3. He's a defensive midfielder. I don't know what to tell you, you may think otherwise, but he is absolutely seen as a defensive midfielder by anyone with a brain, which is why he has been playing as a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER and Schneiderlin has been sitting. So if you don't think he's great because you care about stuff that a defensive mid doesn't have to be worried about like key passes and creating chances, the problem is with you, not with anyone else. For me, I'm okay with him leading the league in tackling, connecting on almost 90% of his passes.

And Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man U have all inquired if you believe the press.
I'm actually amazed that you got THAT MUCH WRONG in a single post.

1. Davies didn't play in the West Ham match. My guess is you didn't watch it. Morgan did, and he was a complete liability as usual. Gana didn't give the ball away, we dominated possession, had way more opportunities, and just didn't convert. It's not Gana's fault Pickford gave a ball away. But nice try, though.

Wasn't that also the match Gana played a 60 yarder right on DCL's foot that he couldn't convert?

2. Gana went for 7M because he had a relegation release clause.That's why it was 7M.

3. He's a defensive midfielder. I don't know what to tell you, you may think otherwise, but he is absolutely seen as a defensive midfielder by anyone with a brain, which is why he has been playing as a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER and Schneiderlin has been sitting. So if you don't think he's great because you care about stuff that a defensive mid doesn't have to be worried about like key passes and creating chances, the problem is with you, not with anyone else. For me, I'm okay with him leading the league in tackling, connecting on almost 90% of his passes.

And Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man U have all inquired if you believe the press.

So Davies didn’t play my mistake. Its Gana’s thread. And I remember gana playing as it was his sloppy pass that led to the 1st goal.
And while we missed a few chances it still stands that our midfield couldn’t dominate the cart horses in their midfield. But let’s blame Schneiderlin

Any one who passes the ball back and sideways will have high pass completion stats. Just look at CB stats for most of the league.

I noticed you didn’t post the stats that would prove the quality of his forward passing
I’m gutted with didn’t sign the the kid from Uruguay that Arsenal signed, class above gana.

Also for 7mil you would imagine the top teams falling over themselves to sign him, but like you said the papers have said all the top teams have inquired, so it must be true.

Anyway that’s my final post on this thread. And like I’ve said I doubt he will be a regular in the team this time next year.

Saw Lozano being discussed a few pages back. He’d be a fantastic signing.

I’ve said it before his movement and dribbling reminds me of Aguero and Suarez.

Richarlison as a ‘false 9’, linking with Lozano and Bernard really would be exciting to see.

Think we missed the boat with Lozano - doubt we'll get him and dont think we will since Bernard / Richarlison are playing out wide unless he can play on the right.

Has someone really said that??
I'm sorry lads I just really don't think Fernandinho is really good. The last two Brazil World Cup losses he's been the worst player and when City struggle he tends to be one of the worst performers. When they click he does his job but he also has freaking David Silva and De Bruyne to help him.

We need
A right back
At least 1 centre half
2 centre midfielders
A centre forward
And possibly a right winger

If Yerry Mina settles then I'll be happy with CB options, especially if we keep Zouma.
Right back, yes, possibly, but not. a major priority.
Centre mid is a must, a big presence in there who can pass and move the ball around.
Centre forward also yes, but have to move on Niasse and/or Tosun.
Wide options are OK for now.

So there. Centre mid and striker in January should tide us over til summer.

If Richarlison continues to do well up top we realistically would only need to sign a back up striker (someone like Josh King would fit the bill).

We need a proper Striker mate.

I personally thought Rico didnt do great up top myself, he didnt do badly, but I expect more and hes much, much better on the Left.

Problem is if Richarlison plays out wide where does that leave Bernard? Personally I would go:

Walcott Bernard Richarlison

**new striker**

I doubt Silva will be dropping Gyfi anytime soon but Bernards too good to be left on the bench aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back