Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be looking to offload a couple more permanently in January & Summer.

McCarthy and Niasse are surely two frontrunners.

Niasse, yes.

I think McCarthy will be given chance to establish himself or allowed to leave on loan to see if he can get some form/fitness back.

Lozano would be an incredible signing. Get him and Gomes and our midfield and attacking options would be sorted for couple of years with a good mix of ages and skill sets

Im not so sure about Lozano. He might be great, but I remember people screaming for us to sign Janssen before he left for Spurs, and he isnt even registerd in their squad this season. Klaassen wasnt a victory either.
I havent seen Lozano play tbf, he might be obviously better.

Chucky is great, but he pushes one of Walcott or Bernard/Richy out of the starting lineup and likely Lookman off the team. There are just bigger needs.

Chucky is great, but he pushes one of Walcott or Bernard/Richy out of the starting lineup and likely Lookman off the team. There are just bigger needs.
I think Walcott will need upgrading soon, can Lookman take his place only time will tell. It wouldn’t surprise me if buy another top wide player in the next 2 windows.

I agree that the midfield and striker situation needs sorting first.

That’s good, it’s called improving the first 11, something we didn’t do for many years. We have till January minimum, if lookman gets game time, proves he’s ready or at least improves enough to be confident he will be ready, then Walcott would be the one I would sell if we did sign Lozano. Theo is good but he’s at the age where he should decline soon, he only cost 20m and we would recoup most of not all of that if we were to sell imo

That’s good, it’s called improving the first 11, something we didn’t do for many years. We have till January minimum, if lookman gets game time, proves he’s ready or at least improves enough to be confident he will be ready, then Walcott would be the one I would sell if we did sign Lozano. Theo is good but he’s at the age where he should decline soon, he only cost 20m and we would recoup most of not all of that if we were to sell imo
Opportunity cost through, yeah? That’s 40m we the couldn’t allocate to a position with a greater need that we’d see a bigger return on if we got it right. Also think it’s a bit over the top to assume Lozano would be a major success here. Bad players score bucket loads in Holland. Chucky is good but he’s still a risk.

Opportunity cost through, yeah? That’s 40m we the couldn’t allocate to a position with a greater need that we’d see a bigger return on if we got it right. Also think it’s a bit over the top to assume Lozano would be a major success here. Bad players score bucket loads in Holland. Chucky is good but he’s still a risk.

Which positions are the main 2 priorities in Jan if not right back and right forward?

Yeah I know , but if Walcott is sold for 20 then it’s only 20m outlay , literally every signing is a risk , look at sncheinerfraud , supposed proven experiences prem player and he is leterally stealing a living

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back