Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there's a chance in hell Martial would even consider coming here, either.

And before I get the 'ambishun' shouts from some, IF he leaves United I'm pretty sure most big clubs in Europe would be more than happy to bring him in.
I’m not sure the real big teams will be after him. Abs if they are he could be in the same boat IE sitting on the bench. As for the next level teams, it’s who can afford his wages.

Don't think there's a chance in hell Martial would even consider coming here, either.

And before I get the 'ambishun' shouts from some, IF he leaves United I'm pretty sure most big clubs in Europe would be more than happy to bring him in.

I'm not convinced about that, he has not shone at United (Not been awful either) and I think his stock has fallen somewhat.

Lozano won't be coming in January.
PSV are not going to let that happen, unless its buyout clause stuff from one of the mega clubs, which even then would probably still see terms based on him staying till the end of the season.
There's a lot happening in Dutch football at the moment.
They're just starting to be competitive in Europe again.
In the last 7 years or so you would have seen players having left by now. (Kluivert is probably regretting his move to Roma right now)
PSV and Ajax are have a real ding dong battle for the title this season, the most exciting and competitive for a while.
Ajax isn't giving up their stars this season and you can be sure Van Brommel won't giving his up either.

There are some genuine stars rising in the Eredivisie again. The PSV and Ajax stars are loving the battle of who is going to come out on top.
Lozano won't be missing out on that.
Next season will be a different story.

I'm not convinced about that, he has not shone at United (Not been awful either) and I think his stock has fallen somewhat.

He's an extremely talented young player in a position that teams will always want to boost.

PSG, Bayern, the big boys in Italy, probably Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea would all be in for him I reckon.

If we got it for us it'd take a major coup.

My lad met Brands at Arsenal, said he was very friendly, posed for a selfie and had a chat. When he asked will we be buying Lozano, he said yes. I'm not totally convinced that he would confide in a 14 year old but hey he could have been none committal.

:oops:

I'd like to see us heading this way [back ups]:

7------------------------------------------11
----------------------9-----------------------
--------8-----------------------10-----------
----------------------6-----------------------
2------------4--------------5---------------3

7: Richarlison [Danjuma Groeneveld]
11: Lozano [?]
9: ? [?]
8: Bernard [Lookman or Vlasic]
10: Gomes [Lookman or Vlasic]
6: Barrios [Gomes]
2: Digne [?]
3: Ake or Zouma
4: Mina or Keane
5: Coleman [Kenny]
1. Pickford [?}

Believe this would be the foundation for a proper competitive CL side.
Really only need 4 players,
And hopefully in Silva and Brands the right men to achieve it.
I'd like to, but just can't see Sig in this longer term. (He'll certainly do for the moment)
Don't rate Walcott's all round ability to play in a team like this. (be letting him go at end of season if replacements found)
Would really like to see Danjuma come and push Richarlison. I think he will need the competition.
Lookman doesn't have the pace for a wide forward but think can be a really good back up to Bernard and Gomes role.
If we need to chase the game, Gomes can always drop to 6 with Lookman or Vlasic to come in.
Spurs are/were at there best when Dembele was ruling the roost, we need this type of player.
In this formation, with the players we've got, there are no weaknesses...if Barrios can deliver (if we get him).

Both diminutive players who like to run with the ball and drift infield.

Lozano is more a 'classic' winger, definitely, but he's not the Walcott type who runs in behind, either.
What are you on about.
Walcott and Lozano are the same height!

They are more similar than the other - Lozano believe or not knows how to run in behind, into space as well (gets loads of chances to do this in the Erdivisie)
and has a good right foot shot and speed as well.
Lozano just has a better all round game, and is more able to create and make chances for the team, rather than relying on others.

Where as Bernard, Lookman, Valsic can all play on wing but are just as comfortable using their strengths to play inside at 8 or 10.

Get ya blinkers off. There is only one player at Ev who should engender that type of man love.

He's an extremely talented young player in a position that teams will always want to boost.

PSG, Bayern, the big boys in Italy, probably Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea would all be in for him I reckon.

If we got it for us it'd take a major coup.
Wouldn’t get a game fir PSG unless they sell a couple of their attackers.
Bayern he would probably have to play wide. I’m not sure if the Italian clubs could afford his wages, Juventus could but again he would be a bit part there. AC Milan look in trouble financially. Napoli?

Arsenal have two quality forwards. And at Spurs he wouldn’t get games as the number 9. And they have plenty of competition out wide. So that leaves Chelsea.

Would he rather sit on the Bayern bench or play upfront every week for us. I doubt it will happen, but that’s the type of players we need to target. Not the likes of Josh king or Deeney

Lozano won't be coming in January.
PSV are not going to let that happen, unless its buyout clause stuff from one of the mega clubs, which even then would probably still see terms based on him staying till the end of the season.
There's a lot happening in Dutch football at the moment.
They're just starting to be competitive in Europe again.
In the last 7 years or so you would have seen players having left by now. (Kluivert is probably regretting his move to Roma right now)
PSV and Ajax are have a real ding dong battle for the title this season, the most exciting and competitive for a while.
Ajax isn't giving up their stars this season and you can be sure Van Brommel won't giving his up either.

There are some genuine stars rising in the Eredivisie again. The PSV and Ajax stars are loving the battle of who is going to come out on top.
Lozano won't be missing out on that.
Next season will be a different story.

Don’t be so sure about Lozano mate winning a medal in a tin pot leagues against Ajax isn’t as satisfying as winning a sing song battle with Leicester , Bournemouth, wolves and Watford for a chance to feature in a magnificent 7th DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back