Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahim Diaz not signing a new deal with City.

Excellent young player.

Problem is though, for the first time in decades, we actually are fairly well stocked in the attacking midfield area. Already got Vlasic/Lookman/Dowell to fit in.

Wouldn’t get a game fir PSG unless they sell a couple of their attackers.
Bayern he would probably have to play wide. I’m not sure if the Italian clubs could afford his wages, Juventus could but again he would be a bit part there. AC Milan look in trouble financially. Napoli?

Arsenal have two quality forwards. And at Spurs he wouldn’t get games as the number 9. And they have plenty of competition out wide. So that leaves Chelsea.

Would he rather sit on the Bayern bench or play upfront every week for us. I doubt it will happen, but that’s the type of players we need to target. Not the likes of Josh king or Deeney

He'd get a game for PSG if Cavani goes, which is definitely possible.

Inter have tons of money. Milan is a bit iffy. Napoli probably not.

I think he'd rather play at Spurs than at Everton, if he leaves United. Same for PSG. Same for Bayern. Same for Arsenal.

Nobody is advocating either Josh King or Deeney, although Josh King would definitely be a good signing ( @Nymzee ).

I'd love us to be in for Martial but expecting us to be is different.

What are you on about.
Walcott and Lozano are the same height!

They are more similar than the other - Lozano believe or not knows how to run in behind, into space as well (gets loads of chances to do this in the Erdivisie)
and has a good right foot shot and speed as well.
Lozano just has a better all round game, and is more able to create and make chances for the team, rather than relying on others.

Where as Bernard, Lookman, Valsic can all play on wing but are just as comfortable using their strengths to play inside at 8 or 10.

Get ya blinkers off. There is only one player at Ev who should engender that type of man love.

Lozano runs with the ball. Walcott doesn't, really, does he. Lozano, like Lookman, likes to get on the ball and drive with it. Yes, he makes intelligent darting runs - a bit like that goal in the WC on the counter - but it's not his main strength.

It's got nothing to do with a love for anybody, it's just recognising that a good squad needs a balance.

I would love us to sign Lozano, but we've got four pretty good wingers right now so it depends where our priorities are.

Last edited:

Lozano runs with the ball. Walcott doesn't, really, does he. Lozano, like Lookman, likes to get on the ball and drive with it. Yes, he makes intelligent darting runs - a bit like that goal in the WC on the counter - but it's not his main strength.

It's got nothing to do with a love for anybody, it's just recognising that a good squad needs a balance.

I would love us to sign Lozano, but we've got four pretty good wingers right now so it depends where our priorities are.

Arsenal accommodated him for years.
Why should Everton do the same, when there are many other players out there who can do both.

This thing that he is better than what we had before is fair enough.
He was available at the time. It was a reasonable buy at the time.
Things have changed.

A winger who doesn't run with the ball? wtf
R u really suggesting this is the type of player we need.
And his seemingly amazing talent at running on to a pass, which other players don't have, makes up for it.
He doesn't provide balance to the squad because of this, this is nonsensical.
What he does is unbalances the potential and options of the team on the pitch.
By your understanding he is one dimensional (with a decent, out of form right foot)

He was good for us at the time, and as said before, will be cheering/hoping him on until the end of the season.
But would much prefer some of the other names being bandied around.
And would be very surprised if Brands and Silva aren't looking.

He would be a decent sub to come on in certain games if his speed is maintained.
Do you think he will be content to sit on the bench?
Not likely, his market value to the MLS will drop.

...I wonder if City youngsters are now seeing a career path to the German League.

Any youngster with a bit of pace and energy about them who plays in a forward position should do, really.

There's so much space and time for players like that in Germany. It's no shock to see Sancho thriving, and Nelsen to an extent too, and we know Lookman did well over there.

Arsenal accommodated him for years.
Why should Everton do the same, when there are many other players out there who can do both.

This thing that he is better than what we had before is fair enough.
He was available at the time. It was a reasonable buy at the time.
Things have changed.

A winger who doesn't run with the ball? wtf
R u really suggesting this is the type of player we need.
And his seemingly amazing talent at running on to a pass, which other players don't have, makes up for it.
He doesn't provide balance to the squad because of this, this is nonsensical.
What he does is unbalances the potential and options of the team on the pitch.
By your understanding he is one dimensional (with a decent, out of form right foot)

He was good for us at the time, and as said before, will be cheering/hoping him on until the end of the season.
But would much prefer some of the other names being bandied around.
And would be very surprised if Brands and Silva aren't looking.

He would be a decent sub to come on in certain games if his speed is maintained.
Do you think he will be content to sit on the bench?
Not likely, his market value to the MLS will drop.

Everton aren't 'accommodating' him.

He's one of our best players. He's our second highest scorer this season behind three lads on four goals. I believe he may be our top assister (alongside Digne).

And yes, I am suggesting that having a player of Walcott's experience who is adept at quick, darting runs from out to in, and clever movement/sharp interplay, is a good thing to have in the squad.

He's 29. He's not 33. He's a good player. I'm not saying Lozano isn't better. I just don't think they're the similar templates of players in terms of style of play.

He isn't in great form at the moment yet is still very effective.

He'd get a game for PSG if Cavani goes, which is definitely possible.

Inter have tons of money. Milan is a bit iffy. Napoli probably not.

I think he'd rather play at Spurs than at Everton, if he leaves United. Same for PSG. Same for Bayern. Same for Arsenal.

Nobody is advocating either Josh King or Deeney, although Josh King would definitely be a good signing ( @Nymzee ).

I'd love us to be in for Martial but expecting us to be is different.
We will see, but I would be amazed if he went to spurs or Arsenal, basically he will be in the same situation game wise and still not playing in his preferred position. And at smaller clubs

We wont be signing Tony Marshall lads.

tony_marshall_feiert_17077.jpg

We will see, but I would be amazed if he went to spurs or Arsenal, basically he will be in the same situation game wise and still not playing in his preferred position. And at smaller clubs

There's other factors though.

Manager (would he want to play under Poch, considering what he's done for young players). Location (Paris, London, Milan?). European football?

I'm not saying it would be impossible (even though I don't actually think he'll be leaving). I just think we'd be better suited going for targets that we know we can get and still improve us. We tried the Hollywood approach before and ended up with tosh. Brands isn't going to spunk £60m on someone just because it's 'a name'.

Everton aren't 'accommodating' him.

He's one of our best players. He's our second highest scorer this season behind three lads on four goals. I believe he may be our top assister (alongside Digne).

And yes, I am suggesting that having a player of Walcott's experience who is adept at quick, darting runs from out to in, and clever movement/sharp interplay, is a good thing to have in the squad.

He's 29. He's not 33. He's a good player. I'm not saying Lozano isn't better. I just don't think they're the similar templates of players in terms of style of play.

He isn't in great form at the moment yet is still very effective.
1 last post before I stop banging my head against the wall.
One of the things about Walcott's pace is to get to the speed to burn other players, he would need periods of lower intensity.
Wegner used him this way, because he had a team which was good a creating the type of space Walcott excelled in.
But there were consequences to this as well. The midfield was exposed too often.
His defensive tracking is not what was really needed.
Imo, Wegner persisting with this is one of the reasons they didn't win more.
And I don't think his speed is what it used to be when he was 23, 24.
So no, I don't think Everton should be accommodating this type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back