Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Moses play in a back four or is he just a wing back? Yesterday's BBC gossip said he could be looking to leave Chelsea in January.

he's a striker really. Attacking mid is where he's best, that little experiment under conte worked great with him as a right wing back, but i wouldn't want him here. He's definitely not a right back anyway. Seeing teams like united and chelsea with massive squads playing attacking midfielders as full backs is a bit weird really. I wouldn't like to see an ashley young or antonio valencia playing right back here. Was annoyed when davies, mccarthy or besic was there.

3 of those players big moves didn’t work out. Lozano is already in the champions league and has his entire career in front of him.

He's our best right sided attacking midfielder and probably the only positive to come from last season.

It's nice to play football manager and slot other players into our formation but that's not real life. Look. Walcott is a great professional, has lots more to give, never complains. He's out of form, nothing more. It's the no mark wantaways that have never accomplished anything in their careers but demand the spotlight that need shifting.
Totally agree with his professionalism, attitude and am sure he is a good bloke.
And he is the best RW we have at the moment.
No arguments there.
But of the definite opinion if we want to see the team playing better, including more space and opportunites from the left we need a different type of player.
Its not football manager stuff, its frustration at what is real and happening on the pitch.
His first touch and hold onto the ball is absolutely awful. Against Leicester he constantly lost the ball

Whilst Martial is an ambitious hope, anyone think Rashford is a move that really does make sense?

1. Young

2 would suit Silva's style

3. Can interchange with Walcott and Richarlison along the front line

4. A Manchester boy so can stay around his family and friends and not upsticks

5. Wouldnt get a move to another top 6 side

6. Realistically will never be Utds number one at present

Would like to see us go for either one of him or Martial in January, I dont want us taking punts on another Tosun type risky signing from a sub standard league. I want someone of proven quality up top from a top league who can instantly make us the best of the rest.

Its sickening how West Ham, Leicester and Bournemouth all can boast having a better cenrre forward than us at present.

Whilst Martial is an ambitious hope, anyone think Rashford is a move that really does make sense?

1. Young

Would like to see us go for either one of him or Martial in January, I dont want us taking punts on another Tosun type risky signing from a sub standard league. I want someone of proven quality up top from a top league who can instantly make us the best of the rest.

Its sickening how West Ham, Leicester and Bournemouth all can boast having a better cenrre forward than us at present.

Rashford isn't good enough. His finishing isn't really much better than DCL.

Rashford isn't good enough. His finishing isn't really much better than DCL.

Disagree to an extent mate. His goal record like Martial's doesn't tell the full picture when both have often been played out wide.

Dont get me wrong he's not on the same level as the likes of Lukaku, Sanchez, Kane, Aguero, Aubaymang etc. But he's imo the most realistic we can attract at present who's guaranteed to get us around 15 a season if played up top week after week.

Our only other option is to offer crazy wages for a mercenary type like Martial (doesnt seem to be Brands M.O) or take another punt abroad - however for every 1 Suarez there is about 50 Tosun's so the odds on us striking gold are thin.

Disagree to an extent mate. His goal record like Martial's doesn't tell the full picture when both have often been played out wide.

Rashford has a weird nose to fore head to skull ratio, for that reason I’m out.

Dont get me wrong he's not on the same level as the likes of Lukaku, Sanchez, Kane, Aguero, Aubaymang etc. But he's imo the most realistic we can attract at present who's guaranteed to get us around 15 a season if played up top week after week.

Our only other option is to offer crazy wages for a mercenary type like Martial (doesnt seem to be Brands M.O) or take another punt abroad - however for every 1 Suarez there is about 50 Tosun's so the odds on us striking gold are thin.

3 of those players big moves didn’t work out. Lozano is already in the champions league and has his entire career in front of him.

Lozano - 23, already has a personal relationships with our dof and might be playing champions league now but won't be in any European composition by Xmas.

Mina - 24, tipped to be a top class center back his whole career was bought by barcalona at the age of 23 but didn't suit their style. Could of moved to Manchester United but chose to move to everton.

Dinge - 25, played and won numerous trophies at psg, roma and Barcelona. Not content to be understudy to one of the best LB in the world, he left to play football in a prodject he believes in and after a phone call from Silva said it was always going to be everton.

Their moves to barca may not of worked out exactly how they wanted it too but lots of players move to the top clubs won't. Look at malcom, he'll be gone by January by the looks of it and I'd be jumping for joy if we got him.

Usually I'd agree with you that we don't have a chance with Lozano, one or two more stand out games in the champions league and he'll be the next hot ticket in town. But his relationship with brands and how players have been saying after talking with Silva they didn't want to go anywhere else. I'd say we have a chance if we're even in for him. Which i think we should be and then we'll be able to use Walcott as a striker when needed.

No chance of Lozano but shouts for Moses. Have Koeman and Walsh came back?

We now have a platform to build a quality side with excellent recruitment in the summer giving us every chance to kick on.

1. Young

Yet many laughed when people brought up the likes of Vardy and Arnautovic as possible targets.

Yet many laughed when people brought up the likes of Vardy and Arnautovic as possible targets.

I would have taken vardy even at 35m at the start of the season but he’s 32 by the start of next season I beleive so it’s a bit pricey for just a Season of service before his pace starts to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back