Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on Gomes is this
He’s 26 at the start of next season
He’s a busted flush at Barca
Barca don’t want him and the fans don’t want him
He has wasted 2 vital years of his career at Barca
They were offering him around at 20m in the summer
He lost his place in the Portuguese national side and has just got it back
He seems happy here and though not fully fit he is settling in and seems to be getting his form back
He knows his next move will be his last chance to prove his worth
Gomes can’t take a risk with his next move , he has to go somewhere he’s happy and playing regularly
If a club offers more than we are prepared to pay and Gomes says no , I either sign for Everton or no one , what do Barca do ?
I can see us signing him for a reasonable fee and nowhere near what Barca paid for him as he will only have 1 maybe 2 years left on his contract

Fingers crossed. We have a good relationship with Barca as well. Ball is in gomes’ court really. Have to hope we can push on and show him our intent at the same time as helping him enjoy it though. All footballers want to win things and progress.

My take on Gomes is this
He seems happy here and though not fully fit he is settling in and seems to be getting his form back
Gomes can’t take a risk with his next move , he has to go somewhere he’s happy and playing regularly
If a club offers more than we are prepared to pay and Gomes says no , I either sign for Everton or no one , what do Barca do ?
I can see us signing him for a reasonable fee and nowhere near what Barca paid for him as he will only have 1 maybe 2 years left on his contract

If we want him then hes ours...think the fee may be increased a little to £25mil but no higher as he will push for us.

My take on Gomes is this

Barca wanted 35mil for him, mate. It's why we didn't buy him.

I worry we’re being a little naive about Gones here. I hope yall saying he’ll push through a move to us are right, but I wouldnt be surprised if we have to pay a lot for him. This good relationship we have with barca didnt stop them from trying to bleed us for Yerry, I dont think theyll be kinder with Gomes. I wouldnt be surprised if other big clubs comes in for him either. If this next move is going to be his last, then Id think he’d want to play in the CL. Lets hope we get close enough this season for him to think he can achieve that with us.

I worry we’re being a little naive about Gones here. I hope yall saying he’ll push through a move to us are right, but I wouldnt be surprised if we have to pay a lot for him. This good relationship we have with barca didnt stop them from trying to bleed us for Yerry, I dont think theyll be kinder with Gomes. I wouldnt be surprised if other big clubs comes in for him either. If this next move is going to be his last, then Id think he’d want to play in the CL. Lets hope we get close enough this season for him to think he can achieve that with us.

You don’t have come out with some nonsense.

No one has said he’ll be cheap.
No one has said he’s a born again blue.
No one thinks his next move is his last - he’s 25-years old.

This really.

I think people are forgetting just how much a big bunch of snides Barca actually are, regardless of any sort of “good relationship” between the clubs. As shown by the whole Deulofeu saga as well.

As they say, if you make a deal with the Devil, at some point he’s gonna come to collect.

...apparently Moshiri was on Jim White’s TalkSport programme this morning indicating we might not sign anybody in January;

“We bought lots of players. I think we will do well to bed in the players we have got. We have a £30m player who hasn’t played yet. We have some really good players like Ademola Lookman who is not getting game time. We really want to look after our young talent and not just spend money and deprive them of a good career”.

...apparently Moshiri was on Jim White’s TalkSport programme this morning indicating we might not sign anybody in January;

“We bought lots of players. I think we will do well to bed in the players we have got. We have a £30m player who hasn’t played yet. We have some really good players like Ademola Lookman who is not getting game time. We really want to look after our young talent and not just spend money and deprive them of a good career”.

Totally fine with us not signing anyone in January. The market is usually crap and we’re not desperate.

If lozano continues playing at this level he will go to a top 4 team
Same with bissaka
Barca will want 35m+ for gomes to cover what they paid for him
Zouma will be around 30m but said he will speak with Chelsea first, with luiz and Cahill leaving he will get a chance like Barkley got
No one is going to pay 20m for a 30 year old walcott and won't stump up his 100k+ a week wages
Niasse won't go for 15m

Other then that it's fine

You're so sad, you do realise that?

A lot of people said we wouldn’t spend in the summer. I think we will if Brands see’s a good opportunity

Need another striker option - it might cost us in the 2nd part of the season.

Do we though?

I hear this said a lot. The traditional centre forward is quite outdated these days. Most successful clubs don't play an out and out striker.

We have Richarlison, Walcott, Lookman, DCL, Bernard and I suppose Tosun to fill the 3 forward roles.

I mean we could get a "goalscorer" but we already have one of them in Niasse believe it or not. If he played every minute of every game I reckon he would get 15-20 goals, that said are those goals worth what you lose elsewhere in the team.

We could maybe do with another good attacking option rather than an out and out striker as we don't really use one.

Correct thing to say.

Why would you say we want to bring in more, thus undermining the players pushing for a start like Lookman and Davies.

Totally on board with that in fact i wold be concerned signing someone in the limited market of January.

The only thing i would prioritise is sending Scehnderlin out on loan else wise we are looking at crystallizing a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back