Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MattHughesTimes: Patrick Bamford turns down Steve McClaren reunion at Newcastle | The Times http://t.co/cIdRJa4ca7

Haven't got access to Times but think it was a permanent rather than a loan. Wonder if we'll try for a loan towards the end of the window.

It says Bamford wants to be 3rd choice striker at Chelsea next season, and has been offered a new 5 year deal at Chelsea but won't sign it until he knows his role at the club. Without signing it he has 1 year left on his deal. Chelsea value him at £10m and us, West Brom, Newcastle and Sunderland are interested in him but no one has made an official offer yet.

It says Bamford wants to be 3rd choice striker at Chelsea next season, and has been offered a new 5 year deal at Chelsea but won't sign it until he knows his role at the club. Without signing it he has 1 year left on his deal. Chelsea value him at £10m and us, West Brom, Newcastle and Sunderland are interested in him but no one has made an official offer yet.
Chelsea already look like they are going to loan Falcao. So unless Remy leaves (rumours he will) and isn't replaced, Bamford will probably be 4th choice.

Bamford would be quality. Would instantly be backup and get more than a few appearances. Liked him when i watched him last year.

Chelsea already look like they are going to loan Falcao. So unless Remy leaves (rumours he will) and isn't replaced, Bamford will probably be 4th choice.

Yep well it also says that Remy is unsettled because of the imminent arrival of Falcao on loan, and he may seek to leave. But even if he leaves, Mourinho wants to sign Griezmann who has a £43m buyout clause in his Atletico contract, which would put Bamford back at 4th choice.

I'd be surprised if Bamford has significant playing time at Chelsea next season.

Yep well it also says that Remy is unsettled because of the imminent arrival of Falcao on loan, and he may seek to leave. But even if he leaves, Mourinho wants to sign Griezmann who has a £43m buyout clause in his Atletico contract, which would put Bamford back at 4th choice.

I'd be surprised if Bamford has significant playing time at Chelsea next season.
Me too, Mourinho talks the talk about playing youngsters regularly but has yet to really do it at Chelsea.

Some bird on twitter saying we will get Dembele at the start of July and are asking about Fer, think she's @EDS_Amy if you want to check her out

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back