Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says Bamford wants to be 3rd choice striker at Chelsea next season, and has been offered a new 5 year deal at Chelsea but won't sign it until he knows his role at the club. Without signing it he has 1 year left on his deal. Chelsea value him at £10m and us, West Brom, Newcastle and Sunderland are interested in him but no one has made an official offer yet.

I Could see us taking Bamford on loan, but we don't have the money to spend £10m on a player who doesn't start

I Could see us taking Bamford on loan, but we don't have the money to spend £10m on a player who doesn't start

Yeah especially when we clearly still need to spend in other areas. A loan with a permanent option would be great but Chelsea probably won't do that in case he scores 20 goals in the season and is worth £30m by the end of it.

Tom Heaton actually wouldn't be a terrible shout. £2m and ship out Howard. Surely he's on less wages too?
Howard's not leaving this season. I like my keepers bigger and more commanding physically than Heaton, so for me, a no thank you.

I'd like Bamford but he'll be getting offers from clubs that'll give him way more minutes than us.

I thought he'd be leaving Chelsea to get more minutes not bench warm again.

Last edited:

Hes a big lad tho, stocky, I mean compare him to somebody like Van der Sar, 4inches taller but built like a stick insect.

Hes the same height as Southall, Gordon Banks, 1 inch taller than Dino Zoff.
He's not them though mate.
Just a personal preference for big, commanding kepeers

Hes a big lad tho, stocky, I mean compare him to somebody like Van der Sar, 4inches taller but built like a stick insect.

Hes the same height as Southall, Gordon Banks, 1 inch taller than Dino Zoff.
187132839-e1393072944543.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back