Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because when we talk about a No10 we generally mean a Pienaar replacement. When most people talk about a No10 they mean where Barkley plays. It depends on the context but I agree it's confusing as hell.
A proper playmaker behind the striker most mean. Pienaar is natuarlly a central player that drifted over to the wing as his carrer went on, its rare for the opposite, that a winger switch to a central position. That what we need a prominently central player that can operate on the wing if needed, not the other way round

Why he's a left sided winger with 7 goals and 10 assists for Villarreal, a team that got UCL. He could be our No10 and has a reported value between 10m-14m who Real aren't willing to sell without a replacement and Mirallas would kill to go to Real Madrid.

Why's that so stupid an idea?

Real Madrid mate. Real. Madrid.

Well maybe he should be a squad player looking to break back into the first 11, might give him the kick up the ass

As a number 10 hes underr performed there for too long, even in his break through year despite the magic moments and the goals, the creative side let him down in that role too much.

Rotate him between positions untill he makes it his own again, either hte 10 spot or further back
Do that and he will be gone in 12 months for around 15m.

Which perhaps is what you expect is going to happen no-matter what so you would prefer not to sacrifice another season and I understand that but I have more faith in him. It's not endless and I agree it doesn't look good at the moment but with a nice rest to get his head right I hope it will have sorted him out.

Real Madrid mate. Real. Madrid.
And?

Both players are rated about the same in terms of money. Kev if anything is the better player now while Cheryshev is younger. Cheryshev is obviously not good enough to make it as a starter for Madrid so at 24 it makes sense to move on. Kev is not good enough to be a starter either but he is good enough to be a squad player there and this will allow him the occasional game at one of the biggest clubs in the world challenging for titles and UCLs.

It's perfect for all concerned. The only fly in the ointment is whether Cheryshev will want to come to us but he might not get another option if Real want the deal to go through.

A proper playmaker behind the striker most mean. Pienaar is natuarlly a central player that drifted over to the wing as his carrer went on, its rare for the opposite, that a winger switch to a central position. That what we need a prominently central player that can operate on the wing if needed, not the other way round
When I mentioned Cheryshev I meant as a proper left sided winger, we could then play Lennon on the other side. Defensively that would make us strong enough to play both Barkley and Deulofeu in the middle.

When I mentioned Deulofeu I meant as a classic No10 and I know he technically hasn't played there. I just think that personally that is his best position.

Do that and he will be gone in 12 months for around 15m.

Which perhaps is what you expect is going to happen no-matter what so you would prefer not to sacrifice another season and I understand that but I have more faith in him. It's not endless and I agree it doesn't look good at the moment but with a nice rest to get his head right I hope it will have sorted him out.
He wont be gone in 12 months though because martinez wont allow him to go for that cheap.
I want him to come good but he cant play every single game if the team suffers or doesnt perform to there abilities because of it he should be dropped until he shows better at his next opportunity

And?

Both players are rated about the same in terms of money. Kev if anything is the better player now while Cheryshev is younger. Cheryshev is obviously not good enough to make it as a starter for Madrid so at 24 it makes sense to move on. Kev is not good enough to be a starter either but he is good enough to be a squad player there and this will allow him the occasional game at one of the biggest clubs in the world challenging for titles and UCLs.

It's perfect for all concerned. The only fly in the ointment is whether Cheryshev will want to come to us but he might not get another option if Real want the deal to go through.

That's the only fly in the ointment?

I'd suggest there's at least one more, Real Madrid simply wouldn't sign Mirallas. He's neither good enough (debatable) nor high profile enough (not debatable) to play for Real Madrid. This is a player who has struggled to get in the Belgium squad over the last year.

I like Mirallas, but he's not in that league

I'd suggest there's at least one more, Real Madrid simply wouldn't sign Mirallas. He's neither good enough (debatable) nor high profile enough (not debatable) to play for Real Madrid. This is a player who has struggled to get in the Belgium squad over the last year.

I feel he is over rated by us.

That's not to say he isn't a good player, because he is - but he's not world class.

He wont be gone in 12 months though because martinez wont allow him to go for that cheap.
I want him to come good but he cant play every single game if the team suffers or doesnt perform to there abilities because of it he should be dropped until he shows better at his next opportunity
In another season from then he will be able to buy out his contract. We would have to sell. He would leave and he would be right to leave.

I feel he is over rated by us.

That's not to say he isn't a good player, because he is - but he's not world class.
Do you need to be world class to be a squad player for Real Madrid?

Surely this is exactly the kind of move he wants and who Madrid want. A very good player who can act as an impact sub and do a job when needed who also isn't demanding to start every game.

Look at who Belgium have playing on the wing. And when he was played in the World Cup he made an instant impact and kept his place.

Over rated by some, under rated by others. I feel he's a perfect fit for a club like Everton. Wouldn't make the starting 11 at a lot of other (CL) clubs. His level is adequate for teams like Spurs, RS and Everton.
But he's at that stage in his career where he doesn't necessary want to be a starter. He wants to test himself at the very highest level which is why he wanted to go to A Madrid.

But he's at that stage in his career where he doesn't necessary want to be a starter. He wants to test himself at the very highest level which is why he wanted to go to A Madrid.
Personally think he's over estimating himself. If he's on top of his game, he'd quite easily fit in at Atl Madrid. However, he's far too inconsistent to be be a starter for them. Don't think he sees it like that though.

Do you need to be world class to be a squad player for Real Madrid?

Surely this is exactly the kind of move he wants and who Madrid want. A very good player who can act as an impact sub and do a job when needed who also isn't demanding to start every game.
I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to go to Real Madrid but they wouldn't want him. Look at Bale's form before he moved there. That's what they're looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back