Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy it I am afraid. Sorry. Only the elite British footballers, and there are not many, can play the continental style. And Cleverley and Dann are not that...
Fair enough, they aren't continental footballers. But at the same time we don't need every player we bring in to be continental in style. Successful teams can mix it up, like Mourinhos Chelsea. As long as we bring in players that can play the continental style and balance the team, I don't have an issue with it. We have players at the club who have the ability to play that style with the likes of Barkley, Baines, Stones, Besic Mirallas e.t.c. so as long as we have a balanced team I'd be happy

Have you watched Cleverley this season Kithnou when he was playing for Sherwood?

He is genuinely good on the ball when confident - one touch passes to teammates and then quickly moving into space to receive the ball back.
I am afraid I didn't watch him LL. My belief is that in general British footballers don't have the talent to play a Continental style football that Roberto wants. We shall all see soon enough...

......Crystal Palace blog bloke saying the club are expecting an £8m bid from Everton for Scott Dann. What is very clear is that he is rated very highly. The blog makes the point of asking why Palace should sell their player of the season to a club who finished below them. Apparently RM has been a fan of the player for a while.

......Crystal Palace blog bloke saying the club are expecting an £8m bid from Everton for Scott Dann. What is very clear is that he is rated very highly. The blog makes the point of asking why Palace should sell their player of the season to a club who finished below them. Apparently RM has been a fan of the player for a while.

Thats difficult situation. Might need a transfer request.

....it's a good point, FF. The indication is that the player wants the move to happen and when that is the case it usually does, it might be down to us negotiating a fee we are prepared to pay.

100% there will be CB(s) coming in now that we have lost two. In case of injury to Stones or Jags we are pretty dry. Id say Dann would be almost too good bench warmer. I hope it happends cause it would be brilliant for us, though. We would look super solid from da back.

100% there will be CB(s) coming in now that we have lost two. In case of injury to Stones or Jags we are pretty dry. Id say Dann would be almost too good bench warmer. I hope it happends cause it would be brilliant for us, though. We would look super solid from da back.

....yep, we need a squad full of quality and that means a strong bench. 2 from 3 first team centre backs will mean plenty of playing time for all and when they get a chance they will be busting a gut to keep their place.

Frankly I've not watched Dann enough to know much about him. I know a lot seem to rate him, but how is he with the ball in his feet?

He's pretty good. Better than Jags in that department.
I don't think he is, as Jags has improved massively in that department, but he is very solid in all ways, especially if we get him for not a lot it'd be a good buy.

However, he is a RS fan/ex-ST holder, so there's that...

I don't think he is, as Jags has improved massively in that department, but he is very solid in all ways, especially if we get him for not a lot it'd be a good buy.

However, he is a RS fan/ex-ST holder, so there's that...

I will agree that Jags has improved immensely in the ball playing dept. I don't think it would be fair to him to not acknowledge he's defo worked on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back