Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is, as Jags has improved massively in that department, but he is very solid in all ways, especially if we get him for not a lot it'd be a good buy.

However, he is a RS fan/ex-ST holder, so there's that...
Define 'not a lot'. Is £8m for Everton "not a lot"?

No idea. I wouldn't pay more than £4m myself for a backup.
£3-5m for him would be ideal imo, apparently he did join Palace for close to £2m, but I doubt we can even expect him to come to us for a sum as low as that, unless he pushes for the transfer himself...

In this day and age, yes. 8 mil is the new 3 mil.

The TV money dictates fees. Lukaku's inflation has so many up in arms...so many can't see the bigger picture and will always focus on that number when it's not really even close to that number in terms of actual cost/value.
I agree with that. But it doesn't seem to apply to the TrueBlue Holdings Everton FC.

I agree with that. But it doesn't seem to apply to the TrueBlue Holdings Everton FC.

Let me put it this way mate...8 mil for Lennon in the current climate is a crazy bargain. Rom at 28 mil...Shaw and Lovren went for in the neighborhood money.

I don't want this to turn into a Rom thread...or a Lennon thread. I just think folks in their minds haven't moved with inflation. I mean Christ, we got 6 Mil for Vic...he's marginally a striker option. More likely to piss and moan than score.

Let me put it this way mate...8 mil for Lennon in the current climate is a crazy bargain. Rom at 28 mil...Shaw and Lovren went for in the neighborhood money.

I don't want this to turn into a Rom thread...or a Lennon thread. I just think folks in their minds haven't moved with inflation. I mean Christ, we got 6 Mil for Vic...he's marginally a striker option. More likely to piss and moan than score.
I think most have moved with the times, but realise that we aren't going to spend the TV money other clubs probably will. And that is the frustration.

I think most have moved with the times, but realise that we aren't going to spend the TV money other clubs probably will. And that is the frustration.

No mate, they haven't.

28 Mil = a finished product who produces the goods every game for our fans. A World Class Player. The best we've ever bought.
8 Mil = a massive overpayment for the likes of Lennon.

*edit on Rom

No mate, they haven't.

28 Mil = a finished product who produces the goods every game for our fans.
8 Mil = a massive overpayment for the likes of Lennon.
A prolific striker aged 20 is going to be worth 3 times the price of a 28 year old winger at the crossroads. No?

But Rom is overpriced in the mind of our fan base...see my edit
Those that complain now will be overjoyed when he bangs 20+ in a season and is sold for much more.
People complain when the side has a rubbish season like last. Very normal behaviour.

Those that complain now will be overjoyed when he bangs 20+ in a season and is sold for much more.
People complain when the side has a rubbish season like last. Very normal behaviour.

It really isn't when they focus on a number that is mind blowing to them yet in the bigger scheme is 'market value'. Rom's criticism on here this season has been embarrassing. Anyway...not arsed if Lennon is 8 mil...he made a difference. If Dann is 8 mill...NEA either. 8 mil in this current climate is a drop in the bucket.

It really isn't when they focus on a number that is mind blowing to them yet in the bigger scheme is 'market value'. Rom's criticism on here this season has been embarrassing. Anyway...not arsed if Lennon is 8 mil...he made a difference. If Dann is 8 mill...NEA either. 8 mil in this current climate is a drop in the bucket.
I agree with that..but as I just posted in the other thread..........

Well no. If we pay £8m, which I don't think we will up front, that effectively ends any more wingers coming in unless we sell Mirallas. We still have a gun AM and a striker to get. So unless we hit the loan market again we are out of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back