Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kenny is as good as Unsworth is saying (and I really trust his judgement, he's done really well with the young lads and isn't one to give praise where it isn't true), then we won't need a new RB.

Unsy described him as the best RB of his age group in the country, which is as good praise as you can ask for.

I'm hoping that's the case mate as you're right, anywhere we can avoid spending big wages can help us afford improving elsewhere.

Martina doesn't seem like someone who'd improve us though, and if we were genuinely after him as it seems we are I'd rather pay Sagna £60k pw (if he's even available at that money of course) than Martina £30k pw - from both an experience and ability point of view.

Yeah, I kind of forget about that. Sagna at 60 vs. Martina at 30, pretty much a no-brainer to me. But then again, I'm not paying the 1.5M difference a year! Again, it really is about Coleman and whether he's going to be fit any time soon.

I am a bit concerned about WHU to be honest, they are going to have a huge new basline when it comes to finance given their new ground, i was surprised last summer they didn't splash the cash more. I expect them to get a right shot in the arm financially.

Its pretty simple really, you are going to see rival clubs who finished below us this season spend to improve, we should have to much for the likes of WBA, Southampton to overtake us, WHU are a different story though, i see them as a potential rival.

At the other end of the spectrum we have to close the gap on 6 teams, they will improve so it comes down to who can do the best business and who can fill the holes in their squad the most competently. Being competitive with Utd, Norway, Spurs and Arsenal has to be our goal in terms of league position. City and Chelsea can just blow us out of the water and have decent squads as it is so i see them as one and two next year.

The level and canniness of our purchases have to bridge the gap with Norway, Spurs Utd and Arsenal, realistically i think competing with Spurs and Norway is achievable depending on what we and they do this window.

You compering us to city? The richest team in the leauge. Who have just dropped 90+ million on two players, in positions the dont even need to strengthen in.

How about we look at it another way then. Chelsea, liverpool, man u, and spurs all champions league teams. Haven't spent a penny yet. Hell lets take it a stage further. Real, athletico, barca, psg, juve, bayren, sevillie, roma, napoli and arsenal haven't spend sweet fa. That's pretty good company to be in isn't it?

As for not spending like last year. We had spent 20 million on managers before we sold a single player last summer. Or are we talking about last January when we spent 35 million on two players and were the biggest spenders in the prem with out selling anyone?
Talking sense will not be tolerated on this site btw cracking post pal

Wants this summer. Personally think we will sell Lukaku and Barkley.

GK: Shot stopper, strong aerially with food distribution.

RCB: agrresive, strong one on one defender with good passing. Giminez looks superb.

LB: a young Baines if possible.

CM: A player with creativity, direct - presently missing a goal threat here.

RF: Strong, direct forward with legs (pace obviously).

CF: Good hold up, good finishiner who can find space. Schick would be my pick, but looks unlikely.

As for areas we look weak at RB, I'd be inclined to give Davies/Besic ago here when playing weaker teams (or at home) above Holgate as they offer more going forward.

I know we need more, but we can't afford to replace the whole team overnight. Really could cause us to go backwards in the short term.

We have some strong players who can currently play in lesser cup games. If we signed anymore than this I'd be surprised as the focus is bringing young lads into the frame. We are not trying to do what City or any CL has done before, we need to be sensible and have faith that players coming in strengthen us and ultimately fit in with what we have.

Team game this.

Thanks for reading. x

I could tell you a lot of stories about Phillip Green links with Moshiri, Mickey Walsh brokering deals with his brother Steve, Why Harris and Elstone are on the board, why Lukaku come out and said that he doesn't know boards ambition, why Barkley's side have been quiet in contract negotiations, there's plenty I am told. People need to see the picture as a whole instead of seeing each thing as singular event that is not interlinked.

Open your eyes as Koeman says :0
I could tell you about the meaning of life, is there life on Mars ? Do kopites really breathe the same oxygen as us mere mortals and what came first the chicken or the egg.
I've been told all the answers.
I'll leave it to you, open your eyes as FAblue says.

I could tell you a lot of stories about Phillip Green links with Moshiri, Mickey Walsh brokering deals with his brother Steve, Why Harris and Elstone are on the board, why Lukaku come out and said that he doesn't know boards ambition, why Barkley's side have been quiet in contract negotiations, there's plenty I am told. People need to see the picture as a whole instead of seeing each thing as singular event that is not interlinked.

Open your eyes as Koeman says :0
That's why we haven't won anything since '95, Everton are living in the matrix! Makes sense with Collina, Clattenberg et al...

Wants this summer. Personally think we will sell Lukaku and Barkley.

GK: Shot stopper, strong aerially with food distribution.

RCB: agrresive, strong one on one defender with good passing. Giminez looks superb.

LB: a young Baines if possible.

CM: A player with creativity, direct - presently missing a goal threat here.

RF: Strong, direct forward with legs (pace obviously).

CF: Good hold up, good finishiner who can find space. Schick would be my pick, but looks unlikely.

As for areas we look weak at RB, I'd be inclined to give Davies/Besic ago here when playing weaker teams (or at home) above Holgate as they offer more going forward.

I know we need more, but we can't afford to replace the whole team overnight. Really could cause us to go backwards in the short term.

We have some strong players who can currently play in lesser cup games. If we signed anymore than this I'd be surprised as the focus is bringing young lads into the frame. We are not trying to do what City or any CL has done before, we need to be sensible and have faith that players coming in strengthen us and ultimately fit in with what we have.

Team game this.

Thanks for reading. x

Rooney will deffo come if we get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back