Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Paul O'Connells book at the moment, he defo had them qualities
Some difference in the modern day footballer and rugby players. Be laughing if we had a team of Coleman's attitude and commitment wise

Right now, we have too many players who say, I might; a few who say, I can; and one or two, like Coleman, who say, I will. More of the last kind needed.

You have absolutely no idea what the club is doing or what they plan to do - just like everyone else. The club is good at keeping things in house - nothing but press speculation doing the rounds.

:The club is good at keeping things in house: < IS false they actively brief Joyce, Hunter, Dom King, McNulty stories to get fans excited just like the 100 million pound warchest was floating around.

I am not claiming to no Everything about the club but my opinion is probably shared by many mate, don't need to imply I'm clueless because we disagree :)

:The club is good at keeping things in house: < IS false they actively brief Joyce, Hunter, Dom King, McNulty stories to get fans excited just like the 100 million pound warchest was floating around.

I am not claiming to no Everything about the club but my opinion is probably shared by many mate, don't need to imply I'm clueless because we disagree :)

I simply said you don't know what the club has planned as you have no insider information - and you don't. So I'm right. Agree?

I simply said you don't know what the club has planned as you have no insider information - and you don't. So I'm right. Agree?

I could tell you a lot of stories about Phillip Green links with Moshiri, Mickey Walsh brokering deals with his brother Steve, Why Harris and Elstone are on the board, why Lukaku come out and said that he doesn't know boards ambition, why Barkley's side have been quiet in contract negotiations, there's plenty I am told. People need to see the picture as a whole instead of seeing each thing as singular event that is not interlinked.

Open your eyes as Koeman says :0

I could tell you a lot of stories about Phillip Green links with Moshiri, Mickey Walsh brokering deals with his brother Steve, Why Harris and Elstone are on the board, why Lukaku come out and said that he doesn't know boards ambition, why Barkley's side have been quiet in contract negotiations, there's plenty I am told. People need to see the picture as a whole instead of seeing each thing as singular event that is not interlinked.

if you are going to give us some ITK, can you hurry up before the playoff starts

@orly

Everton have their own targets? and we're able to conduct Transfers now as it doesn't stop other clubs from bidding and talking to players, just seams like the board have prioritised the lad from QPR and Martina while City Prioritise: Fabinho, Silva, Ederson etc that's the frustration.

I think personally we won't see any big signings until we sell just like last summer.

You compering us to city? The richest team in the leauge. Who have just dropped 90+ million on two players, in positions the dont even need to strengthen in.

How about we look at it another way then. Chelsea, liverpool, man u, and spurs all champions league teams. Haven't spent a penny yet. Hell lets take it a stage further. Real, athletico, barca, psg, juve, bayren, sevillie, roma, napoli and arsenal haven't spend sweet fa. That's pretty good company to be in isn't it?

As for not spending like last year. We had spent 20 million on managers before we sold a single player last summer. Or are we talking about last January when we spent 35 million on two players and were the biggest spenders in the prem with out selling anyone?

That young City defender is really highly rated and City seem keen to keep him. We should go for him.

Personally I also think Sagna would be brilliant business on a free. He was reportedly on £80,000 pw at City so should cost less than that.

On a two year deal and £60-70k a week he has a huge amount of experience and when watching this season he looked like he still had a lot of offer (both at RB and CB).

He could cover Coleman's injury and offer an option in CB. He's also miles better than Martina has ever been.

If I knew we'd still have plenty of salary to pay other folks, I agree. Sagna is still very good. He'll, I think he's better than Zabaleta, who I simply don't understand the love for. But man, if we are serious about 100M in transfers, we can't afford to pay that kind of cash for a couple months in essence of Sagna. We are going to need to pay folks to come here, whether it's a new deal for Ross at over 100k, Gyfil at the same, an elite CB at the same, etc. The numbers are going to add up.

You compering us to city? The richest team in the leauge. Who have just dropped 90+ million on two players, in positions the dont even need to strengthen in.

How about we look at it another way then. Chelsea, liverpool, man u, and spurs all champions league teams. Haven't spent a penny yet. Hell lets take it a stage further. Real, athletico, barca, psg, juve, bayren, sevillie, roma, napoli and arsenal haven't spend sweet fa. That's pretty good company to be in isn't it?

As for not spending like last year. We had spent 20 million on managers before we sold a single player last summer. Or are we talking about last January when we spent 35 million on two players and were the biggest spenders in the prem with out selling anyone?
Actually real spent 40 mil on a 16 year old...

If I knew we'd still have plenty of salary to pay other folks, I agree. Sagna is still very good. He'll, I think he's better than Zabaleta, who I simply don't understand the love for. But man, if we are serious about 100M in transfers, we can't afford to pay that kind of cash for a couple months in essence of Sagna. We are going to need to pay folks to come here, whether it's a new deal for Ross at over 100k, Gyfil at the same, an elite CB at the same, etc. The numbers are going to add up.

I'd hope that we could afford that kind of deal as we need strength in depth, and if we don't have the funds then I'd question our ambition.

We'll have to wait and see though, I'm hoping that we can have the summer that we were promised last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back