Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are right.

Sure I read we are currently the only club in England who have not made at least 2 signings so far a week after the season ends.

Where did you read that...the Beano or GOT?
Have a look at the Premier League website and read how churlish that thought is.

Just watched a clip of Matt Dawson interviewing Ian McGeechan about his experiences with the British and Irish Lions. McGeechan came up with the phrase, Test Match Animals. He described a TMA as a player with the right commitment and attitude, who refused to take a backward step, and who had the necessary skill to compete at the highest level. More than that, though, was the ability, vision, and presence of mind to make the right decision at a crucial moment in a crucial game. It might be a pass, or a clearance, or a movement. Whoever we sign, regardless of his name or price, he has to have those qualities. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Barkley has those qualities, and I'm not sure Lukaku does either, although I'm not suggesting selling either. I've never been sold on Sigurdsson, but maybe he does. He might not shine all the time, or dominate games, but, when he gets the chance to put a free kick into the box, he gets it right.

Sold loads of dildos.

Congratulations on making the 15,000th post......

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif~c200

Just watched a clip of Matt Dawson interviewing Ian McGeechan about his experiences with the British and Irish Lions. McGeechan came up with the phrase, Test Match Animals. He described a TMA as a player with the right commitment and attitude, who refused to take a backward step, and who had the necessary skill to compete at the highest level. More than that, though, was the ability, vision, and presence of mind to make the right decision at a crucial moment in a crucial game. It might be a pass, or a clearance, or a movement. Whoever we sign, regardless of his name or price, he has to have those qualities. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Barkley has those qualities, and I'm not sure Lukaku does either, although I'm not suggesting selling either. I've never been sold on Sigurdsson, but maybe he does. He might not shine all the time, or dominate games, but, when he gets the chance to put a free kick into the box, he gets it right.
Reading Paul O'Connells book at the moment, he defo had them qualities
Some difference in the modern day footballer and rugby players. Be laughing if we had a team of Coleman's attitude and commitment wise

Where did you read that...the Beano or GOT?
Have a look at the Premier League website and read how churlish that thought is.
It seems the lack or a sarcasm font made my post a little silly.

It was a reply to someone complaining we haven't done anything yet. Considering literally only one team (city) have done anything and only because they are paying top dollar for said players, I was trying to be sarcastic for the knee jerking impatient and negative response

Reading Paul O'Connells book at the moment, he defo had them qualities
Some difference in the modern day footballer and rugby players. Be laughing if we had a team of Coleman's attitude and commitment wise

yeah, i've been thinking this a bit recently, footballers get paid so much these days and get contracts offered on a plate that it seems to be they don't have that same drive and football's starting to turn towards hard-working prevailing. As shown in recent years in the prem with leicester's hard graft winning over the more talented squads, and again chelsea with a couple of class players but mainly hard graft seeing them through, as well as spurs under pochetinno. Atletico madrid (albeit with a bit more star quality), provide the defensive solidarity and hard work which has seen them win la liga and get very close in the champions league, over much more talented real and braca squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back