Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
To read this post as it was intended, put 'The Circle of Life' song on in the background while enjoying it

Good evening Frandelinos

Today marks the end of the first week of data gathering for the Weasel Index.

If you are uncertain what the Index is, please see here https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-846#post-5473408

So, who will, by September, take their place in the circle of life as the number one Weasel?

2lnz915.jpg

Big thanks to mein frandel @Sapie88 for the picture

Here are the results for the first week's Weasel Index

1. @Raino85 - 50 Weasel Points
2. @EFCccc - 25 Weasel Points
3. @Mosh Pit - 5 Weasel Points
4. @CrustySack - 5 Weasel Points
5. @Joey66 - 5 Weasel Points
6. @Eggs - 5 Weasel Points

Some notes here

• It breaks my heart to include good frandels @Eggs and @Joey66 here but they have been doing some sourced Rooney work. However as they take opposite views, one of them will graduate to Mole10 ITK God Status
  • @Raino85 's early reverse ferret has set the tone splendidly for the rest of the summer, and we thank him for it. However he could get home (like @Mosh Pit ) on that Pickford rumour
  • Some Weasels from yesteryear have not resurfaced from hibernation yet. One is a big fan of the phrase 'I know for a fact', I'm expecting good things from this weasel.
  • It's been a quiet start to Weasel Season, but expecting it to warm up.
As ever, thank you to the Weasel Hunters for tagging me in to keep the records up to date.

If you have a complaint about the Weasel Index, please leave your message here

Godspeed Weasel Hunters!
Hope you're getting paid for this content @orly doing us a valued service ere.

By all accounts, IF Man Utd sign Perisic their willing to listen to offers for Martial?!

I've never really considered him as an option as I've never thought he'd entertain us or be available but IF he was available at the right price, I think I'd like us to be all over that. Personally think he'd end up back in France though....

He want's to stay in England I heard. Not sure we'd be prepared to pay his wages or that he'd want to play for a club without CL football though. Does anybody know how much he is on?

Regarding other possible transfers. I'm not convinced by Pickford myself. Sure, he's better than what we've already got, but is it just one of those instances where he looks really good because he's been constantly kept busy playing for a rubbish team like Sunderland? A bit like Mignolet when he played for Sunderland. Been crap for the RS.

I'd be happy enough with us signing Sigurdsson and Keane though.

He want's to stay in England I heard. Not sure we'd be prepared to pay his wages or that he'd want to play for a club without CL football though. Does anybody know how much he is on?

Regarding other possible transfers. I'm not convinced by Pickford myself. Sure, he's better than what we've already got, but is it just one of those instances where he looks really good because he's been constantly kept busy playing for a rubbish team like Sunderland? A bit like Mignolet when he played for Sunderland. Been crap for the RS.

I'd be happy enough with us signing Sigurdsson and Keane though.

£65k a week.

I believe we will be able to attract some good footballers to the club because we're in the Europa League. Man Utd vs Ajax were two very big-name teams in the EL final this year, and I'm so glad we qualified otherwise this may not have been the case. CL is getting boring, in England you have to pay for BT sport now ffs. should be on BBC/ITV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back